Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 393 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First of all, congrats to all of the owners who received their 2022 R8! The rest of us are patiently waiting and in the meantime we are living vicariously through you 😁 MAYBE by the time we get ours they'll update the software so we can keep the valves open in lower RPMs.

On to the point of this- My order for a RWD was submitted to Audi on 9/23/21. All I have so far is a COMM # and I am in "Waitlist" status. I pretty much expected this but am getting a little nervous/anxious.

Has anyone placed an order around when I did or later and received an allocation and a build timeline yet?

It seems that those who already received theirs placed their orders in the early summer of 21.

This will be my first R8 so I'm really really hoping my build gets picked up by the factory soon and hope everyone who has a pending order gets good news soon 🙏🏾

·
Premium Member
110 Posts
First of all, congrats to all of the owners who received their 2022 R8! The rest of us are patiently waiting and in the meantime we are living vicariously through you 😁 MAYBE by the time we get ours they'll update the software so we can keep the valves open in lower RPMs.

On to the point of this- My order for a RWD was submitted to Audi on 9/23/21. All I have so far is a COMM # and I am in "Waitlist" status. I pretty much expected this but am getting a little nervous/anxious.

Has anyone placed an order around when I did or later and received an allocation and a build timeline yet?

It seems that those who already received theirs placed their orders in the early summer of 21.

This will be my first R8 so I'm really really hoping my build gets picked up by the factory soon and hope everyone who has a pending order gets good news soon 🙏🏾
Placed my order Sept, no allocations received but other dealers in the Toronto region did in fact receive allocations and since I was a Comm # waitlist, I canceled my original deal and switched to a more volume dealer in hopes I hear good news in 1-2 weeks.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Placed my order at the end of June which was when the new 2022 pricing updated and was allocated in July. I think a lot of orders went in early July cause if you ordered in June, you didn’t know how much the additional costs were and people don’t like buying into unknowns. Took delivery last week.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I placed my order early October. My build is confirmed / scheduled for March 4th build completion. Not sure how much difference it makes , but I’m up in Canada.
Did your dealer have a confirmed allocation already? I saw a few posts stating that Audi was not providing allocations between Oct-Dec. I'm not sure if that only applies to the US.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Oh, that's interesting... Maybe that's why so many of us who placed orders in late summer/early fall are just in limbo.
Here is one of the posts that I’m referring to. This is from [mention]Rnlabs [/mention]. He may new info.

“Audi announced that there will NO ALLOCATIONS from Oct -Dec, JUST PIPELINE REFILLS - which is essentially THEIR choice of cars that they will assign to you based on your previous sales. AND let's be clear - these are NOT allocations or even Changeable Orders, just a smattering of available cars for you...
While some dealers DO have remaining Changeable Orders, they are becoming FROZEN fast and most are asking outrageous ADM (+30k-50K) for them.”

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Here is one of the posts that I’m referring to. This is from [mention]Rnlabs [/mention]. He may new info.

“Audi announced that there will NO ALLOCATIONS from Oct -Dec, JUST PIPELINE REFILLS - which is essentially THEIR choice of cars that they will assign to you based on your previous sales. AND let's be clear - these are NOT allocations or even Changeable Orders, just a smattering of available cars for you...
While some dealers DO have remaining Changeable Orders, they are becoming FROZEN fast and most are asking outrageous ADM (+30k-50K) for them.”
Thanks for referencing that. I've been lurking on here for awhile but I definitely didn't see that. That actually makes me feel hopeful that once the new year hits they'll do another "batch" and pick up some of these orders.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My dealership has an incoming RWD in an Audi Exclusive color, that's still available. PM me if anyone is interested and I can put you in touch with my SA.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I placed my 22 RWD (AE paint) order with my dealer back in June, and it was factory accepted in July. It completed production on Nov 11th, and I'm hoping it's now aboard a ship crossing the Atlantic.

Reactions: curbyourenthusiazm

·
Registered
53 Posts
I still haven't received an allocation. Put a deposit down July 17th and received a COMM#. I'm told I'm first in line out of five others at the dealership. Not that that makes me feel any better about it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Try to hang in there, man. It will be worth it. From what I've gathered from these forums is that there have been no allocations picked up past June-ish. If anyone knows anything different feel free to chime in. Maybe we should make a spreadsheet or something for the forum to track dates orders were placed/dates orders were picked up by Audi. My best guess is they throttled down production for some reason but will ramp it back up Q1 of '22. This is just a total guess but the only thing that really makes sense to me right now and the only thing that makes me feel better LOL

1 - 20 of 393 Posts