Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an RWD R8 on order without the Sport Exhaust Package as I am getting an aftermarket one. However, the package also includes the following:
  • Sport steering wheel with 4 satellite buttons
  • Audi drive select with performance mode
If I don't get this package - will the car not have the performance mode then? Can this be activated after if I get the 4 button steering wheel afterwards?

·
Registered
175 Posts
Correct, you get the smaller paddle shifters, non texted steering wheel, no manual exhaust valve control button which works with aftermarket exhausts, and most importantly you don’t get performance mode which is the same mode as corsa on the Lamborghinis.

For me this was a deal breaker.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah ok - thanks for the clarificaiton! Yes, def. a deal-breaker it seems.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Correct, you get the smaller paddle shifters, non texted steering wheel, no manual exhaust valve control button which works with aftermarket exhausts, and most importantly you don’t get performance mode which is the same mode as corsa on the Lamborghinis.

For me this was a deal breaker.
I read this and I was immediately on the phone with my dealership right now adding it. Lol. I placed my order exactly 30 days ago so I barely made the cut.

THANK YOU

I didnt realize you didn't get performance mode 😒

·
Registered
175 Posts
No problem! Wish they made it more well known because it’s seriously awesome on the RWD cars. Sport exhaust itself is ok at 5k+ RPM, but I wouldn’t go out of my way to just get that.

Also, the textured steering wheel is much nicer. The non sport steering wheel has smooth leather and those tiny black plastic paddles you can’t see. The upgraded steering wheel is leather steering wheel with a ton of little holes/dots which add a very nice texture grip and paddles are roughly 40% bigger. Not great, but miles ahead of the standard steering wheel paddles.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Nice! That's all really good to know. I too thought the upgrade wasn't worth it because my plan is to get an aftermarket exhaust.

Funny- A few hours before I saw this I was complaining to my wife about how much I'm going to loathe the silver exhaust tips. You helped me solve two problems today. You're the man.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I read this and I was immediately on the phone with my dealership right now adding it. Lol. I placed my order exactly 30 days ago so I barely made the cut.

THANK YOU

I didnt realize you didn't get performance mode 😒
You placed your order 30 days ago? Did you get your allocation confirmed or is still a waitlist?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know if this pertains to Canadian orders aswell ? Sport Exhaust pack in Canada was only $ 1500 option vs. $3600 in the US

·
Registered
687 Posts
It is one the reasons I went for RWD on the 22. Even though I already ordered an aftermarket exhaust I wanted the performance mode, blacked out tips, and extra buttons. Plus the uniqueness for resale.

·
Premium Member
2020 R8 V10 Performance Spyder
3,062 Posts
Does anyone know if this pertains to Canadian orders aswell ? Sport Exhaust pack in Canada was only $ 1500 option vs. $3600 in the US
I'm pretty sure its the same for Canadian market. I don't have a 2022 order guide but ask your dealer. You definitely don't get the exhaust button if you don't have the sport exhaust option. In my opinion a must have, whether you go aftermarket exhaust or not

1 - 13 of 13 Posts