Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I plan to place an order for a 2021 Audi R8 Performance to try and get the last production year R8 before they change and discontinue the platform. Do you guys have any knowledge on if they will make another R8 with the same platform in 2022, I assume nobody knows for sure but they keep saying they will cancel 馃槀 Just wondering if any of you guys have any inside information or opinion on it, wanted to order my car with the last model year.

Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe 2014 SQ5
One of the reasons Audi might continue the R8 past 2021 is the economies of scale of shared components with the Huracan. However Euro 7 emissions regulations kills high performance petroleum powered cars in 2025.

Premium Member
I wonder if someone like Roger (@RNLabas ) would know? I've only personally seen rumors - and we all know what they're worth. It's ranged everywhere from imminent to another year or two.

I ordered my 2015 in 2014 knowing it would be the last model year for the Gen-1. At the time it was pretty clear as there were spy-shots of the Gen-2 available and published information stating 2016 would start the Gen-2. Mine was delivered in August 2014, and if I recall correctly the order book was open through at least spring of 2015.

Premium Member
Can't tell exactly just yet, BUT - it looks like there WILL be a 2022 TT RS, so on that basis I would expect yes to the R8 as well, especially since GT3/GT4 LMS is still in production...

Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe 2014 SQ5
Consider it gone by 2025. It could end up as the Porsche 993 and be very hard to get in the last year, or the Dodge Viper which new ones sat on lots years after production had stopped. But given the war on gas cars, my bet is the closer to the end of production, the values will start to increase on both new and used.

Registered
I plan to place an order for a 2021 Audi R8 Performance to try and get the last production year R8 before they change and discontinue the platform. Do you guys have any knowledge on if they will make another R8 with the same platform in 2022, I assume nobody knows for sure but they keep saying they will cancel 馃槀 Just wondering if any of you guys have any inside information or opinion on it, wanted to order my car with the last model year.
I

Premium Member
I went to the dealership today and the said that I can place an order for a 2022 R8 now
...well hmmm, that's NOT quite right - but we're getting close - and you will be able to - as long as it's a Performance edition.

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
I spoke with a dealer today, and there is a build screen/sheet for a 2022 which points to there will be a 2022 R8 as to the difference on options to prove how different the car will be I do not know yet. Soon to find out whether or not the options are similar or not.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts