Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
If you guys want I can post the part numbers (two side pieces, one middle piece, and two sided tape). You'll also need, what Audi calls, the activator (it is some sort of fluid) for the two sided tape. My dealer quoted something like $8700+tax. So I would recommend taking R8-Stuff's offer :)

When I went to the dealership to order the set, just by luck, someone had his car (with the spoiler) in for service. I really did not fancy how it looks in person. So, I ended up ordering the regular spoiler. After a little trimming to fit the shape of the back lid (is that what it is called?), and trimming more to make it not block the view from the rear mirror, and drilling the lid, the car looks like this. Just another option...

Attachments

·
Registered
204 Posts
If you guys want I can post the part numbers (two side pieces, one middle piece, and two sided tape). You'll also need, what Audi calls, the activator (it is some sort of fluid) for the two sided tape. My dealer quoted something like $8700+tax. So I would recommend taking R8-Stuff's offer

When I went to the dealership to order the set, just by luck, someone had his car (with the spoiler) in for service. I really did not fancy how it looks in person. So, I ended up ordering the regular spoiler. After a little trimming to fit the shape of the back lid (is that what it is called?), and trimming more to make it not block the view from the rear mirror, and drilling the lid, the car looks like this. Just another option...
Personally im not liking that on the spyder at all, it just doesnt look right

·
Registered
870 Posts
Iv just realised why. Its not on the correct panel��*♂. Its suppised to be on the panel behind (retractable spoiler) where it goes on the coupe��
There size of spyder’s “panel behind” is much smaller than that of the coupe’s (I think.) the spoiler just didn’t fit there, so I put it on the lid...

·
Registered
204 Posts
Iv just realised why. Its not on the correct panel��*♂. Its suppised to be on the panel behind (retractable spoiler) where it goes on the coupe��
There size of spyder’s “panel behind” is much smaller than that of the coupe’s (I think.) the spoiler just didn’t fit there, so I put it on the lid...
Im just not feeling it there. It doesnt look right but then again im just one guy and as long as you love it stuff what i think?

·
Registered
524 Posts
2old4this - the spoiler angle looks like it could either lift the arse end of the car or cause drag at speeds above 100mph or more. Did you get help or a template to mount it there? Or will you never reach those speeds to worry about potential problems. Aerodynamics is a science and definitely comes into play here. My RWS starts to feel lighter in the rear above 150mph. I know that issue is there and are aware at those speeds so it won't bite me.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Still looking. I even tried to 3D print a prototype but couldn’t figure out the correct scale off of some cads of the car I purchased. Guess I’ll have to wait or see if there’s any totalled 18 pluses or newer performances

·
Registered
46 Posts
Does anyone have a similar duck bill type spoiler for the coupe? I don't fancy the plus spoiler or any of the taller aftermarket. I saw a Gen 2 coupe on YouTube that had one and it looked pretty good.

·
Vendor
5,158 Posts
Does anyone have a similar duck bill type spoiler for the coupe? I don't fancy the plus spoiler or any of the taller aftermarket. I saw a Gen 2 coupe on YouTube that had one and it looked pretty good.
Sent you a PM

1 - 20 of 22 Posts