Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
that's a fun pic - you need their mugello blue model to complete the set :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I am a big fan of diecast models. Yap, Kyosho does have the blue, and the Suzuki gray too! Just in case anyone here is looking into getting a 1:18 scale R8, Kyosho makes the best quality for the price.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
yeah, I have the mugello with silver blade Kyosho - helped me get through the wait :)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is great. I did the exact same thing. This is also a great way for those who are trying to figure out colors, buy a bunch of 1:18 scale and stare at them all day long. ; D. Sorry to go off topic here, how is the X6? I am trying to replace my Q7 with something smaller. We are most likely to go with Q5. Reviews are pretty good on it. The X6 is quite a bit more in cost and in size. But only sit 4. I do like the aggressive look.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
The x6 is a real "marmite" car (love it or hate it - no in-between) - for me, I love it.

I had had an a5 prior as the sensible car to complement the r8, but the lack of rear doors making rear access hard for elderly relatives and the lack of ground clearance given we get flooding around here weighed on our mind and the simple fact my wife and I prefer the styling of the x6 meant that right from the getgo we felt the x6 would have been the better fit. The a5 lasted about 6 months before we took a bath on it and got the x6.

We only need to carry a max of 4 people, so the seating is actually better for us as they get more room in the back and I wanted as strong handling and as good a blend of power/range as we could get for practicality reasons.

the xdrive35d engine (3 litre, twin turbo diesel) has really impressed as we're getting around 30mpg typically even with spirited driving. Same power as the first gen X5 4.4 v8 petrol we had (~280bhp), but with almost twice the fuel efficiency and masses more torque.

The xdrive system which actually alters individual wheel speed (faster as well as slower) has given the x6 handling outside of what should be possible given its size and weight and hence why the x6 has tended to show well on handling courses against more powerful cars like the porsche cayenne.

the only real downside for me is the sheer size of the thing given a lot of uk parking and roads were designed for far narrower cars back in the day.

It's not for everyone by any means, but in terms of box ticking for me personally, this niche car hit the sweet spot.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the info. Love the A5 too, I was thinking our “family car” could be the a5 as well — ha ha. Sure, it only has 2 doors, but I am thinking maybe it is worth to deal put up with the inconvenient for the looks. But that thought did not last very long after my wife threaten to stab me with sharp object... so a small SUV it is. And I am sure I will be very happy with a Q5

1 - 7 of 7 Posts