Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been brutally forced to post this thread!

My GF has jabbed me in the ribs many times to make me post this so i'm very sorry for all the sore eyes yet to come :mad:

Lets just say she only wants one because i said it has a V12 and does 0-60 in 3.2 seconds...women...

Anyway! http://www.toxel.com/tech/2009/08/26/50th-anniversary-mini-coupe-concept/ i guess its better than any other mini but still...not for me.

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
All I can say it that it's designer was inspired by his teenage son wearing a baseball cap backwards - nuff said....

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
That Mini is the best looking one so far, I HATE Minis. But any car with the british flag painted on it , like Austin Powers' is just the cats' MEOWW!! :)

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
I am going to trade in my R8................

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I was never a huge fan of the Mini, original or recreation, but they've got a rich racing history, trained many later big time racers and were designed by one of the automotive geniuses of all time (Alec Issigonis)

If you're at all interested in the REAL Mini and what they did, check out:

http://www.sportscardigest.com/mini-cooper-birthday-racing-history-photo-gallery

And for those of you lucky enough to be in England, or able to get there, in about 3 weeks: DON'T MISS THIS (Minis PLUS a tribute to Sir Stirling himself!)

http://www.sportscardigest.com/goodwood-revival-right-around-the-corner

AMAZING that Moss is "known" to have raced 96 different (designs of) cars in his years on the track and there'll be 80 cars that Moss raced (!!!) ON the track at Goodwood this year!. THAT will be an event NOT TO BE MISSED by ANY motorhead!! (however, it's just about when my R8 arrives 5000 mi. away:( )

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Sorry to your girlfreind Davey...I meant to say I DISLIKE the MINI, mainly because Chevrolet TRUCKS boast better gas mileage than her car. I just find this disturbing. CUTE CAR !! :) :)

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Race a Mini? Is that legal in the US?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Check out Morgan race cars. They even beat AUDI in a couple of races recently in the LMS series .They are not too easy on the eyes but they HANDLE. :)

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Very old looking cars but nice, i guess theres more than meets the eye with these cars if they handle well, and beat Audi as you say :eek:

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
They are completely tricked out racers underneath a semblance of Morgan bodywork. :)

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
They are completely tricked out racers underneath a semblance of Morgan bodywork. :)
from road test of Morgan LS1:
Talk about wanting to drive the hairy Beast, holy smokes Batman. Over 350 horses and 350 foot pounds of torque in a 2,350 pound car on a 98 inch wheelbase, read flyweight, put in perspective that’s less than 200 pounds more that the Lotus Elise that makes due with 190 to 240 horses and much less torque. Can you say “rocket ship”? Would you rather say “fake-out”? The Morgan LS1 looks like it just came off of a British Car dealer’s showroom floor circa 1951.
that's a Morgan "Plus 8" they're talking about and the 350 hp comes from a Corvette LS1 engine

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Got a pic of the Morgan Plus 8 ?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts