Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
impressive

Sounds like better flow on intake and exhaust with drop in turbos with fuel and tire. I'm more impressed at the 144 MPH trap speed than I am with the 9 second part of the runs. 113 is healthy in the 1/8th mile and 144 is still booking on the top end. What's the approximate cost and how close to the limit is that engine at in terms of reliability for day to day usage? Got me thinking for a daily driver lol...

·
Registered
880 Posts
impressive

Sounds like better flow on intake and exhaust with drop in turbos with fuel and tire. I'm more impressed at the 144 MPH trap speed than I am with the 9 second part of the runs. 113 is healthy in the 1/8th mile and 144 is still booking on the top end. What's the approximate cost and how close to the limit is that engine at in terms of reliability for day to day usage? Got me thinking for a daily driver lol...
dude I told you that new 5 cylinder engine is badass. same as the ttrs 🙂

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
dude I told you that new 5 cylinder engine is badass. same as the ttrs ��
I hate the brake setup. Disc in back and CCB in front. That's ghetto. It's like the cars back in the early 90s let's have a disc up front and a drum in back. :p

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What's the approximate cost and how close to the limit is that engine at in terms of reliability for day to day usage?
We're working on releasing software and hardware parts that are production worthy, so I really can't quote a price yet. Long term testing will prove out the engine. Thus far it seems very happy, especially on ethanol.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
We're getting close to releasing production software. Cost on hardware will be up to the manufacturer (TTE and SRM both make turbos we'll support). On our end, it's a small upgrade price from stage 2 (less than stage 1 price). We'll have those details at the launch. Torque is kept relatively flat at around 500 FTLBS to the wheels. The intention here is to not stress the internals too much. It could be too much, but we're taking as safe of an approach we can while still making a product that's giving output big turbo guys crave. For ultimate reliability, upgrading internals is the way to go.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I have a buddy with a built RS3 and ran a 9.8 @142mph in 110F ambient temps at Waterfest

They are supercar slayers, no joke. For 75 grand you will have mid 9 second car that will eat just about anything on the road or the 1/4-1/2 mile.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts