Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have noticed that some tuners I have looked into advertise increasing the redline RPM to 9000

Would this not put excessive stress on the engine and increase the risk of blowing the motor? Or is this something that is a non issue?

Also, I have heard that the engine stops making power after about 7800 RPM, so would it just be better to shift at that RPM?

Thanks guys

·
Registered
195 Posts
It doesnt stop making power at 7800rpm it just tails off, second to that tuners will be adjusting timing and fuel past that point to 9000rpm so will make use of the extra rpm however the stress on the engine is most certainly a potential issue but with enough testing from yhe correct tuner id say you are likely safe to a point

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It doesnt stop making power at 7800rpm it just tails off, second to that tuners will be adjusting timing and fuel past that point to 9000rpm so will make use of the extra rpm however the stress on the engine is most certainly a potential issue but with enough testing from yhe correct tuner id say you are likely safe to a point
Cheers, thanks for the reply

·
Registered
359 Posts
These cars run to 8850rpms from the factory so another 150rpms won't hurt the engine at all

Reactions: MAR8 and Milo
1 - 4 of 4 Posts