Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Dave the car runs perfect other than the warm air and the noise is now gone. I'm wondering if it might have been a broken belt or something?

·
Premium Member
2,715 Posts
The A/C compressor is a shaft drive, just have a look around where the noise came from and see if anything is amiss. What's happening with the A/C control panel?

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Everything looks normal and AC control panel is working as usual. Any idea of the cost to repair it if its a compressor? My car is a V10 Manual

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
Have your shop insert some dye into the system and that will identify if/where the leak is.

·
Super Moderator
6,006 Posts
Anyone had to replace the compressor and know the cost
Mine was replaced under warranty and they said cost would of been like $4,800

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm not getting any dash lights at all. Everything seems normal except its not blowing cold?

·
Registered
2,998 Posts
My A/C light was still coming on when I lost my refrigerant due to a holed condenser.

·
Premium Member
4,061 Posts
Does anyone know the labor costs on the compressor replacement? on V10?
I would it expect it to be several thousand just based upon past quotes on the forum. Scott's quote ($4,800 above) most likely includes the parts, but nonetheless you get the idea.

·
Premium Member
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi Ezmass
Cost of the compressor is $1348 and they said 10.5 hrs at $135 per hr = $1418 plus shop supplies of $160 is about $3000. Not good but better than $4800. I hope its accurate

·
Premium Member
140 Posts
Thanks to a forum member here (thanks HowieR8?) I found you can get the Denso (OEM compressor unit for Audi) much cheaper if you forgo the Audi branded unit. Paid about $350 for the compressor w/clutch (although clutch is not used).

It is the same compressor. Denso on the left, Audi branded on the right.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts