Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I had the dreaded a/c failure on my 2011-5.2 shortly after I had it in for service. With compressor failure known to be a common issue in these cars I was ready for worst case outcomes. So kudos to this forum, I took a chance on it possibly being the A/C pressure sensor as outlined by several members on this forum and bought one off of Amazon for $34. I saw some members suggest it required removal of the front end while others said it could be done simply by removing the drivers side headlight and using a crow foot wrench for valve removal. I opted for the short cut option and removed the headlight and picked up the recommended 13mm crowfoot in a set from Harbor Freight. It's not a 13mm, or even a 20mm which was the biggest in my set. Suffice to say, vice grips like duct tape, can fix anything. So after less than an hour, all in with reassembly, it worked and I have a/c. I can't tell you how many things. I have learned from other forum members on here but I can tell you it's greatly appreciated.

·
Premium Member
2,806 Posts
This is what its all about, sharing information to help other forum members, pleased you got a great result and a cheap fix.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts