Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps I should read the drivers manual :D :D

But a few questions :

* Got the a/c on, temp coldest and blower on full however can't feel much air coming through the side and centre vents - no other switches on - anyone know why?

* On the satnav system - can't seem to be able to input full postcodes?

* Can metal foot pedals and bluetooth preparation be added post delivery by audi dealers? or factory only?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Perhaps I should read the drivers manual :D :D

But a few questions :

* Got the a/c on, temp coldest and blower on full however can't feel much air coming through the side and centre vents - no other switches on - anyone know why?

Turn right hand knob to 3 o'clock position, you should then get a more optimum airflow

* On the satnav system - can't seem to be able to input full postcodes?

You give first part of post code, then balance comes up in a listing

* Can metal foot pedals and bluetooth preparation be added post delivery by audi dealers? or factory only?

I am sure that the pedals can be changed at some cost, but i don not thing that you can retro fit the bluetooth. I have a friend who asked for his RS4 avant and was turned down.

See answers edited in

·
Registered
126 Posts
"Got the a/c on, temp coldest and blower on full however can't feel much air coming through the side and centre vents - no other switches on - anyone know why?

This will sound like a poss stupid question but where do you have the air flow direction switch pointing to? If you look at the picture attached you will see on the far right side of the a/c unit the air flow dial. The "up/down" arrows is for upper and lower vents, the "up" arrow is for upper vent only the "down" arrow is for lower vents only and the "circle with lines in it" is dash vents only. Turn the dial to this to see if your getting flow. If your system is on "auto" it will place the air where it feels it needs to go not nesscarily out the dash vents. I hope that was not too condersending if you already knew how the system works.

"On the satnav system - can't seem to be able to input full postcodes?"

This one i would need to look into, i do not have a manual to hand to read but firstly i would suggest reading the manual.

"Can metal foot pedals and bluetooth preparation be added post delivery by audi dealers? or factory only?

Unfortunatly dealers cannot retro fit bluetooth phone systems but many audio centers can. I belive that the "Parrot" is a very good system.

As for the foot pedals. Yes these can be retro fitted. prices are as follows

Clutch pedal cover in brushed aluminum £10.20 inc VAT
Brake pedal cover in brushed aluminum £7.02 inc VAT (manual)
£11.53 inc VAT (R-Tronic)

The throttle pedal does not list for being brushed aluminum or not, so can anyone here who does not have metal pedals fitted say weather the throttle pedal is brushed aluminum or not? there is only one part number for this. and its price is £67.00 inc VAT.

Hope this was of help

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks all for the info - yep haven't got the dial on the vent position oppps! yep will read the manual re post codes ;-) finally thanks for the price info.

·
Registered
617 Posts
"Can metal foot pedals and bluetooth preparation be added post delivery by audi dealers? or factory only?

As for the foot pedals. Yes these can be retro fitted. prices are as follows

Clutch pedal cover in brushed aluminum £10.20 inc VAT
Brake pedal cover in brushed aluminum £7.02 inc VAT (manual)
£11.53 inc VAT (R-Tronic)

The throttle pedal does not list for being brushed aluminum or not, so can anyone here who does not have metal pedals fitted say weather the throttle pedal is brushed aluminum or not? there is only one part number for this. and its price is £67.00 inc VAT.

Hope this was of help
How come that s/steel pedals was a £250 option yet all up the parts cost max £88.73 !!!!!!!!!!!!

I think we have some extra profit kicking around :confused: :confused: :confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts