Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all. Just put my deposit down on a V10 R8, number 6 on the list in Scotland(UK). Dealer expects it mid 2009 so I have a very long wait! :(
I was basically told to expect a new audi NA engine developing 520bhp with the Gallardo being boosted to 550bhp.
Was just wondering if anyone knew what 520bhp would do for the R8s performance figures?
Ill try and visit this forum frequently although before I get my car I think it might be too much of a reminder of the wait! :p

·
Registered
604 Posts
Have Audi reverted to dealer lists? I am not sure if (no offence) that Scotland is classed as a separate country from Audi's perspective

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I dont really know to be honest but I got a letter from audi saying basically there was no guarantee that they were making the V10(for legal issues) and then another one saying I was 6th in Scotland

·
Registered
104 Posts
I was basically told to expect a new audi NA engine developing 520bhp with the Gallardo being boosted to 550bhp.
Was just wondering if anyone knew what 520bhp would do for the R8s performance figures?
I would not expect the 0-60, 60-100 or top speed to be significantly better or quicker than the V-8. I do expect and know that in the US the premium will be $25K to $35K over the V-8 and there will definately be a price increase for the 2009 MY R8, so the V-10 could very well be as much as $50K more than the current V-8. ABSOLUTELY not necessary as the V-8 performance is more than you can use unless you simply need bragging rights.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would not expect the 0-60, 60-100 or top speed to be significantly better or quicker than the V-8. I do expect and know that in the US the premium will be $25K to $35K over the V-8 and there will definately be a price increase for the 2009 MY R8, so the V-10 could very well be as much as $50K more than the current V-8. ABSOLUTELY not necessary as the V-8 performance is more than you can use unless you simply need bragging rights.
You think 100ps increase wont make a big dofference?!? That is a quarter of the cars performance added on again! The porsche 911s is 355bhp, the turbo 480(and a bit heavier) and the difference is litterally night and day. As for bragging rights, I decided on the R8 over a Lamborghini Gallardo because I prefer the car, something alot of my friends have told me Im mad because of but after driving both it was clear to me the R8 was superior in almost every way.
After doing some research I think realistic it will be looking at 200mph with a 0-60 of 4.0/3.9
Im very excited but it is such a **** long way off!!!

·
Registered
347 Posts
sounds like 25% increase in number of cylinders too, 8 to 10.

Having said that, since most parts remain similar then the power to weight improves. i would be surprised if they don't take it on a diet. you stats seem to make sense.

i just hope that it doesn't impact my car's value that much. (I wont wait another year, no way.)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts