Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anywhere online to buy accessories like the luggage or a nice keyring, that type of thing (in the UK).

Just got mine yesterday, awaiting tracker to be installed and then I'm going to really start loving it!

·
Registered
163 Posts
you should have got a nice audi 'four rings' keyring with the car.As for the rest..don't hold your breath..I ordered a phone cradle for my ericcson v600 which is one of t he few phones they do cradles for nearly 2 months ago and still no sign of it.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Is there anywhere online to buy accessories like the luggage or a nice keyring, that type of thing (in the UK).

Just got mine yesterday, awaiting tracker to be installed and then I'm going to really start loving it!

You should get a complimentary set of luggage with your car, providing you are buying direct from an Audi dealer. This applies to all cars that are delivered in 2007.

I have a pdf file of R8 clothing and accessories, can't attach to this post but if you send me a PM with your e-mail I will forward to you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Accesories will include a R8 carbon key ring. Have not found an online store for that but if anyone knows please let us know !

Always a pain to ask the dealer to get stuff like than (phone calls, reminders, late replies...) :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
As I am in Australia we dont get any luggage complimentry
So when my wife was recently in England she bought the luggage 2 pieces
and a car cover which are both great - 1st class quality(R8 embossed)
Now all I need is the Car!!! to go with them

PM me if you need details

Can someone post details of the clothing please?

·
Registered
617 Posts
As I am in Australia we dont get any luggage complimentry
So when my wife was recently in England she bought the luggage 2 pieces
and a car cover which are both great - 1st class quality(R8 embossed)
Now all I need is the Car!!! to go with them

PM me if you need details

Can someone post details of the clothing please?
Pdf is too big tom post, send a PM with your e-mail and I will send Pdf back

·
Registered
439 Posts
I saw the earlier posts about the complimentary UK luggage. It looked so nice that I have been considering ordering a set if they will ship to the U.S.

However, I have a question regarding the piece that is designed to fit either on top of the luggage comparment under the hood (. . . er, boot) or on the shelf behind the seats. But then I saw a picture of a car that had a piece of equipment installed on the rear shelf between the two seats. Is that where the CD changer goes? And will it prevent the larger valise from sitting on that shelf?

·
Registered
718 Posts
CD changer fits into the rear shelf behind the seats.

The rear shelf is still "flat" and you can still fit in the luggage (or your miniature golf clubs)

·
Registered
26 Posts
guys,
2 things:

1) i got a picture of the luggage from a dealer...see attached

2) am i really supposed to get the luggage for free since i received my R8 in 2007? the dealer is asking five grand.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Can we clear up this FREE luggage deal? Who has received it and where are you located, please also give the date you took delivery of your R8. I'll put a spreadsheet togeather.

Thank-you!!

·
Registered
311 Posts
guys,
2 things:

1) i got a picture of the luggage from a dealer...see attached

2) am i really supposed to get the luggage for free since i received my R8 in 2007? the dealer is asking five grand.
This is not the UK luggage. The UK luggage consists of two bags, a smaller one (holdall) which lies flat on the luggage compartmant and a larger shaped bag which lies on top and fills the upper compartment area. There are no interior bags/luggage. I think this was a UK only offer.

·
Registered
617 Posts
Can we clear up this FREE luggage deal? Who has received it and where are you located, please also give the date you took delivery of your R8. I'll put a spreadsheet togeather.

Thank-you!!
The free luggage is for UK customers only and I believe it is for all dealer deliveries up to the end of 2007.

The luggage is different to the official Audi Exclusive option (expensive to say the least) The free luggage consists of 1 bag to fit in the front well and a shaped (trapizoidal) bag to lay on top and fill the rest of the compartment. Both made in soft leather and lined + embossed wit Audi R8 logos. The bigger bag is also designed to sit on the back shelf if you wish to purchase an extra one from http://www.bespokeluggage.com/r8.htm.

I have had mine for a few months now and they work and look fine, if you are from the UK basically don't turn your nose up at a free gift. If you are from the rest of the world contact Bespoke Luggaga (as above) and save some money.

I hope this puts the luggage discussion to bed once and for all.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts