Audi R8 Forums banner

What color calipers?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R8 V10+ Mythos Black
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a picture of my 2017 R8 V10+ (that I bought from this forum a month ago). Been having fun with some small mods. This picture was right after paint correction, xpel PPF, and ceramic coating.

I'm planning on adding some spacers and then painting the calipers. After that, I'll probably get UltimatePD's aero kit. Would like to get everybody's advice:

Looks like there's a bit of discussion on spacer widths, but no real consensus. Seemed like 11mm front and back was pretty popular. I also saw 15mm back and 11m front. Thoughts? Also, are there much differences in brand?

Also, trying to decide on caliper color. I'm thinking blue, yellow, lime green, or orange. What do you guys think?

Attachments

·
Registered
2017 R8 V10+ Mythos Black
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On my stock set I did 12mm front and 15mm rear, and I’m actually going to paint my calipers Porsche Lizard Green
Hey Chris! Recognized your car with The Shop background! 15/12 seems like a good mix. Where are you getting the painting done? Yourself? Or getting it done somewhere?

·
Registered
328 Posts
@torqueit - it’s mythos black. I kinda wish it was purple though - that would be a cool exotic color :)
It makes me think of my phantom black - seems to catch a lot of colors with the metallic in it and change how it looks based on what's around it. I think I'd go for the yellow on the calipers. And yeah, purple is a neat color. A really dark purple metallic would be sweet.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.