Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2011 R8 Spyder V10
91 Posts
For true 100% integration I do not believe their is a non-android unit that will retain this function. I researched this for some time, even considering buying maestro compatible radio with all the adapters, I still believe the rear view camera would not integrate without adding an aftermarket camera. I bought this headhunit URUTU Auto and it is 100% plug and play and love it.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
For true 100% integration I do not believe their is a non-android unit that will retain this function. I researched this for some time, even considering buying maestro compatible radio with all the adapters, I still believe the rear view camera would not integrate without adding an aftermarket camera. I bought this headhunit URUTU Auto and it is 100% plug and play and love it.
Thanks for the response! I saw this unit you linked. It does retain the reverse camera, and on screen parking sensor graphics. My only hesitation is system stability, sound, and the trim finish. For me, I would get the flat black, and would need to have the outer bezel trim, finished in piano black to match current interior (if that's even possible given it's all one piece). I'm not a fan of the all carbon or gloss black option.
Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Gadget Automotive design Auto part

·
Registered
2011 R8 Spyder V10
91 Posts
Thanks for the response! I saw this unit you linked. It does retain the reverse camera, and on screen parking sensor graphics. My only hesitation is system stability, sound, and the trim finish. For me, I would get the flat black, and would need to have the outer bezel trim, finished in piano black to match current interior (if that's even possible given it's all one piece). I'm not a fan of the all carbon or gloss black option.
I have carbon interior and did not really like the finish the the carbon on this unit so I went with the piano (gloss) black version, but if I had to choose again while the gloss matches the carbon better I would pick the flat black just because it matches more of the factory trim vs the gloss black. I have not had a any real issues out of the unit, I only use android auto which is wirelessly synced to my phone, so it just loads it when the unit starts. There is a delay when going into reverse, a few seconds, before it will show on the screen and if you go into reverse while the unit is loading android auto it sometimes will just be a blank screen. I did run Netflix on it once just to try it out, it worked surprisingly well. There are a few customization options for the home screen, and you can purchase others with the built in store, but the store is all in Chinese, so I just use one of the free ones it comes with, changed the nav button to link to android auto instead of the built in navigation. The boot screen is nice, has a picture of an R8, I believe you can change it, but I have not dove into that yet. The backend runs just like an android tablet. Maybe twice since I have had it installed I have had it not boot, but I just turn the car off and back on and it resets, or there is a little reset button on the top left. The audio is much better and the preset audio equalizers work as they should. I also run a small sub and amp from the unit. The only complaint I have so far is that android auto is not full screen, its in cinematic mode. The seller is also very helpful and responds quickly in my experience.

Any questions feel free to ask.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Just get the enfig no cut kit to hold the radio in. I installed a Pioneer W8500NEX with maestro. Retained OEM backup camera, though the guide lines are gone. Parking sensors show up when you press the button same as stock. If anything, it works better than stock since it's bigger now and you can actually see clearly as far as the distance goes. You can reach out to Christian at enfig for more details. He did the install for me.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts