Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Aftermarket parts.

I do not have a r8 so i dont speak from experience, just from what I read and see from everyone here. Just looking for some friendly discussion, heck maybe a supplier or 2 can chime in. :)

What ever happened to enthusiasts making parts for their cars? Now I understand that not everyone has the time or ability to make parts themselves. BUT from a person like myself, whom is capable of doing so... It makes sense in my head (that is where it is at right now, ha) for someone like myself to make parts, huge demand is not going to be there. There are how many r8's out there and how many of those are even interested. It makes sense to me for me to put together an air box/filter system for 1/4 the cost of what some of these kits are going for today. I dont look for huge profit margins....because I dont want to get rich off the r8 community, i want to enrich their experience and invoke this sense of community where everyone helps everyone out. That right there is what drives me to one day owning an r8 and a shop where I can do just that.

I guess the bottom line is in what my eyes see. I have the ability to make parts myself (some things are far beyond my equipment uses) and I see companies looking at the r8 community with foaming mouths to get into a market that is "supposed" to tolerate their prices.

Then I see the owners willing to pay and buy into these expensive parts as a piece of mind. I know if i were, today, to come out with a sell a intake system for 1/4 the cost, I would have difficulty selling, questions like...why so cheap? can't work for that price, proof,... Wouldn't you rather pay less for the same quality part from someone you know as a part of the community, that just doesn't show up when money is flashing around? I just feel like business these days is a conglomerate of lies and deceit. What ever happened to the honest business that doesn't fill enthusiasts heads with b.s? Why sound things have a premium on them just because they go on a supercar? The same basic laws and physics apply to cheaper cars with less expensive parts.

I don't know, I just got the urge to download my brain. What do you guys think (in the end it IS what this community thinks)? This post is not meant to be negative in anyway. ;)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
As long as the quality of the parts are better than J.C.Whitney, I'll give a look. I will be making my own rear diffuser set up soon. I am looking into what material to use. Probably some on this Forum think I am a cheap S>O>B> :) but I say Its' not how much money you make ...it is how much money you save. I also feel pride and satisfaction knowing I have done most of the work on this "super car" myself. Since you don't have an R 8 yet ...pop some popcorn , hook up your external speakers, and sit back and enjoy my feeble attempt at giving you the R 8 experience. click on link below. Stay safe my freinds !

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
At this moment I am thinking that a clear plastic airbox lid is what I need to be made.No-companies have this yet.It would be SO nice to have !! :):)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts