Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As you can see the cheek of this seat is wearing already. I recommend all R8 owners to use a Leather Glaze from the start.

Leather Glaze is a clear coat protection layer, completely invisible, that protect your leather from wearing.

Swissvax has a Leather Glaze: Swissvax Leather Glaze

I use Leather Glaze myself and its indeed invisible. I use it on the cheeks of my seats and it works fine! It also stops worn leather form further wear.

·
Registered
564 Posts
u work for swizzvax / swizzol? :D

but thanks.. I try to make an appointment with the swiss representative of swissol, or with one of their employees.. he will give me an introduction session on my R8 when delivered.. the first wash/wax etc will be with him! ;)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
u work for swizzvax / swizzol? :D

but thanks.. I try to make an appointment with the swiss representative of swissol, or with one of their employees.. he will give me an introduction session on my R8 when delivered.. the first wash/wax etc will be with him! ;)
Haha no, but you know my emaildomain. I know what good stuff is in the market :)

Be sure to take pictures of the wash/wax tutorial :)

·
Registered
21 Posts
My RS4 seat looks like that, but I thought it was just me and my "girth"

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Any idea of millage on that car or how used it has been?

cant be much...
No can't be much. But in a democar people get in and out it very much, so that's why you see the wear quickly!

Good test :)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
604 Posts
We are Welsh - We like a pie and pint. :)

I used to be married to a Dutch woman - life wasn't so different - not fussed on rolmops though ;)

·
Registered
126 Posts
This swissvax sounds good, do they do international delivery?

also does anyone know of a well recomended uk product?

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
This swissvax sounds good, do they do international delivery?

also does anyone know of a well recomended uk product?
Hi Rob,

In the UK its on sale everywhere (also on internet).

A typical UK product would be AutoGlym. Aston's and Jaguars are maintained with that.

Also got very good products, less exclusive than Swissvax though.

·
Registered
175 Posts
i have an a8 3otdi in Ireland it has around 65k and 3 years old and the wear on the driver seat(Atlantra leather) is badly worn .... realy bad !!
i also have an a8L 4.2tdi here in l'pool 18k ... its about 10 months old and the i can already see wear on the seat (real genuine leather)
i honestly think it could be jeans ....they cause the most of the damage but considering my father has an Sclass merc which is just a little bit older .... its like perfect condition .... there is no excuse ?...is there

i will post pics soon so you know what i'm talking about .... but is there something wrong with audi's leather quality control

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
i have an a8 3otdi in Ireland it has around 65k and 3 years old and the wear on the driver seat(Atlantra leather) is badly worn .... realy bad !!
i also have an a8L 4.2tdi here in l'pool 18k ... its about 10 months old and the i can already see wear on the seat (real genuine leather)
i honestly think it could be jeans ....they cause the most of the damage but considering my father has an Sclass merc which is just a little bit older .... its like perfect condition .... there is no excuse ?...is there

i will post pics soon so you know what i'm talking about .... but is there something wrong with audi's leather quality control
If your Leather is badly worn, you can use the Swissvax leather healer, that works very well!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Anyone had Audi's Lifeshine treatment applied to their R8 or other new car? I gather the rrp is £300 for Audi in the UK and I'm probably going to pass as pretty sure its neither good value or the best product in the market but wanted views from people who have actually experienced it.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I have it on a black a4, I really wouldn't bother with it again. I do intend to get a paintshield film applied to the r8 though as imagine the car will be a stonechip magnet.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Thanks Random, I've thought about going down the protective film route too but have yet to see any that dont spoil the appearance of the car so will probably suffer the stone chips and have them professionally repaired every spring. Cost wise its probably cheaper too.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts