Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pick your R8 brochure and look what page 74 says. My brochure says that the standard interiour should have:

- Alcantara seats
- Alcantara doorinlays

But I do not have the alcantara doorinlays!? My doors have the textures trim.

Does other brochures mention the alcantara doorinlays aswell?

·
Registered
617 Posts
Pick your R8 brochure and look what page 74 says. My brochure says that the standard interiour should have:

- Alcantara seats
- Alcantara doorinlays

But I do not have the alcantara doorinlays!? My doors have the textures trim.

Does other brochures mention the alcantara doorinlays aswell?
I have a pdf file from December 2006 which states door inlays in Alacantara.

Worthy of a complaint I think? I would push for a retro fit as it would really compliment the seats as originally intended.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have a pdf file from December 2006 which states door inlays in Alacantara.

Worthy of a complaint I think? I would push for a retro fit as it would really compliment the seats as originally intended.
Does someone has a brochure that tells otherwise? I phoned my dealer today. He is contacting the importer.

·
Registered
564 Posts
i'll check at home, but i believe you are rite.. worth a try it is.. must look quite nice with doorinlays in same alcantara as the seats..

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i'll check at home, but i believe you are rite.. worth a try it is.. must look quite nice with doorinlays in same alcantara as the seats..
Indeed, that's why I liked the combo so much. Don't get me wrong, it's nice now also but it would be a lot nicer when the doors are of alcantara too.

·
Registered
564 Posts
i still wonder what full leather will look like.. you might wont see the difference to standard from outside - but i believe when you sit in the middle of this leather/alcantara cave, you WILL feel the diff... :D :D

·
Registered
311 Posts
i still wonder what full leather will look like.. you might wont see the difference to standard from outside - but i believe when you sit in the middle of this leather/alcantara cave, you WILL feel the diff... :D :D

The main difference is the door shoulder and the dash. IMHO the leather above the rear parcel shelf, the mid console cover and instrument cover are not really that apparent. Full leather is nice (although expensive) especially if you are not going for the inlays and get the contrast stitching as well. I was apprehensive about the standard interior as I had only really seen photos of the full leather, however I am delighted with my choice of standard with carbon inlays and feel in no way short changed.

·
Registered
564 Posts
fair enough mate - as i stated in another thread.. this cars looks stunning no matter the spec ;)

·
Registered
21 Posts
As I have stated elsewhere, I am a little dissapointed with the extended leather option. Only in as much that I wanted alcantara originally, but could not have this with extended leather, so switched to full leather and was too late to ask for contour stiching, which once seen in the flesh really works. The leather is an expensive option and adds little to the overall feel of a quality interior, with hindsight I would have had alcantara/alcantara headlining and the carbon inlays, a similar spend but probably a better look IMO.

Th fact is it looks great anyway, but hindsight is a wonderful thing!

·
Registered
367 Posts
I do not have the alcantara door inlays!? My doors have the textured trim.
The door trims are only supposed to match the seats with a full leather seat selection, although I've never seen this with the brown seats, and then again, I've never even seen the beige interior. And here another concept for Audi, how 'bout a two-tone dash for even more contrast!

·
Registered
126 Posts
"Leather/Alcantara upholstery. Central seat section and door inserts in Alcantara, seat-side sections and head restraints
in leather, available in Black or Pale grey (not available with extended leather package or coloured stitching)"

This is a quote from the UK vehicle spec and options.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
"Leather/Alcantara upholstery. Central seat section and door inserts in Alcantara, seat-side sections and head restraints
in leather, available in Black or Pale grey (not available with extended leather package or coloured stitching)"

This is a quote from the UK vehicle spec and options.
Thanks Rob, what tells your UK spec about the doorinlays?

·
Registered
126 Posts
The way i read it is.... The door "inserts" are in alcantera and the door "inlays" are either carbon sigma or micrometallic grey not alcantera. I have a copy of the PDF on my website if you wish to have a look, refrence pages 8,9,10.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The way i read it is.... The door "inserts" are in alcantera and the door "inlays" are either carbon sigma or micrometallic grey not alcantera. I have a copy of the PDF on my website if you wish to have a look, refrence pages 8,9,10.
According to Audi it's a change in the 2008 modelyear. The 2007 did have the alcantara, but the 2008 doesn't. They only 'forgot' to tell the dealers and importers worldwide (yeah right!)

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I agree - very unconvincing. How many MY2007 did they produce , maybe 1?:confused:
I think so. The 2008 started in week 22 already! End user production started in week 18 or so.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts