Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 120 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, guys. So. My Alibaba rotors didn't go the distance. I'm starting to think they may not have been genuine. Either that or a factory defect but they got really squishy recently and are no longer safe.

EDITED AND DELEATED

My car is at audi now for an oil change and I'm taking a cross country road trip next week so need this done asap. Audi quoted me about $7,500 for front and back rotors and pads and I got a quote from Midwest Performance Sports Cars for $6,400. The only difference I see is that the performance one includes a hardware change.

If I recall, R8 stuff was cheapest but some of you had attractive offers from indy shops. I really don't remember, but I think I calculated like $5k installed was a good price.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
Aren’t you on a moto trip through south america?

Reactions: Malar1898

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
517 Posts
Sorry those rotors didn’t work out for you. I’m glad there was no catastrophic event.

There are plenty of other threads on rotors with all the details you need, including Alibaba discussions: Rotors - Brakes Suggestions/Help

You can get OEM rotors from SHW (distributed by VNE) for $600 for all 4. If you’re worried about price and want OEM quality, this is the best option.

If you want complete confidence, get the SHW rotors through Audi from R8-stuff. Or your local Audi dealer if you don’t have time for shipping before your trip.

If you want higher performance, go GiroDisc.

I disagree that the previous thread was deleted because of “greedy Communist moderators.” Only a greedy capitalist would do that. :D
But more likely…it was deleted because that thread was getting out of hand.

·
Vendor
2,550 Posts
Sorry those rotors didn’t work out for you. I’m glad there was no catastrophic event.

There are plenty of other threads on rotors with all the details you need, including Alibaba discussions: Rotors - Brakes Suggestions/Help

You can get OEM rotors from SHW (distributed by VNE) for $600 for all 4. If you’re worried about price and want OEM quality, this is the best option.

If you want complete confidence, get the SHW rotors through Audi from R8-stuff. Or your local Audi dealer if you don’t have time for shipping before your trip.

If you want higher performance, go GiroDisc.

I disagree that the previous thread was deleted because of “greedy Communist moderators.” Only a greedy capitalist would do that. :D
But more likely…it was deleted because that thread was getting out of hand.
We will certainly not be supplying the OP. Not worth the trouble.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The old thread was deleted due to communism or fascism. I always get the two mixed up, but I prefer to yell commie bastard at people instead of fascist prick. It just has a better ring to it.

R8 stuff, will you send me the rotors next day air? I'll mail you a check for the full amount plus 10%. And I'll apologize. But I won't take anything down from my posts. This is 'merica my friend. And in 'merica we ain't gotta listen to no one and have free speech. That, plus zim asking the mods to venmo them money to leave it up. What is their Venmo?

·
Vendor
2,550 Posts
The old thread was deleted due to communism or fascism. I always get the two mixed up, but I prefer to yell commie bastard at people instead of fascist prick. It just has a better ring to it.

R8 stuff, will you send me the rotors next day air? I'll mail you a check for the full amount plus 10%. And I'll apologize. But I won't take anything down from my posts. This is 'merica my friend. And in 'merica we ain't gotta listen to no one and have free speech. That, plus zim asking the mods to venmo them money to leave it up. What is their Venmo?
Listen "Amber" - you can speak freely but you cannot defame.

We will not be supplying you with any parts.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
How about this r8 stuff. You mail them 2 day air and I'll increase my price to 15% above normal. I'll mail the check as soon as I get the parts. But this is my final offer. We can also give the commies a $200 venmo payment. Everyone needs a puece of the action. Deal?

I really need them this week though. Please.

·
Chassis/Vehicle Dynamics Engineer
671 Posts
Ok, guys. So. My Alibaba rotors didn't go the distance. I'm starting to think they may not have been genuine. Either that or a factory defect but they got really squishy recently and are no longer safe.

Since the communist moderators on this site who get financial kickbacks from Vendors who pay them monthly fees decided to delete the thread from a few months ago on rotors, I don't have any of that info saved on pricing.

My car is at audi now for an oil change and I'm taking a cross country road trip next week so need this done asap. Audi quoted me about $7,500 for front and back rotors and pads and I got a quote from Midwest Performance Sports Cars for $6,400. The only difference I see is that the performance one includes a hardware change.

If I recall, R8 stuff was cheapest but some of you had attractive offers from indy shops. I really don't remember, but I think I calculated like $5k installed was a good price.
"Squishy" brakes in the city (not the track) should be the pads worst case and/or your brakes need to be bled. This description is not a rotor issue unless material has vanished. If it was at the track then poor cooling of the rotors will fade pads and boil fluid. All bad...and result in squishy to no pedal.

As noted, earlier I wanted that thread to stay and simply remove the unnecessary club pic. Save the kickbacks and communist nonsense. I so dislike the dogma from either side. It seems most on this forum are similar...moderate.

But if you want bullet proof, confident, smooth, safe and quiet brakes... Upgraded USA engineered, sourced and made Girodiscs with Street Magic Pads is $2830 plus shipping. 13,000 miles pushed and my pads have 75% life left. Confident, smooth and quiet.

Labor - 4 hours of labor to install these would be a loooong time. Should be more like 2 hours taking your time with the correct tools including triple square drive for the back..

·
Registered
2010 R8 V-10 R-tronic
517 Posts
I'll mail the check as soon as I get the parts.
LOL. This is ridiculous. No one in their right mind would go for this “check’s in the mail” deal, even if it were 500% markup. Because there’s a 99.9% chance of never being paid.

Too many things aren’t adding up. This tread is looking more and more like a snipe hunt. Which is fine, as long as you don’t take things too seriously.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Especially after the vendor already said they will not be working with him.

·
Registered
618 Posts
🤣

JuddS is hilarious - I think some people are not reading his sense of humor.

Also - is that for iron rotors because these prices are psychotic. Just get a set of girodiscs at this point if they are.

1 - 20 of 120 Posts