Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you’ve been on the fence about twin turboing your gen 2........ DO IT!!

I just got my v10 + back from AMS with their Alpha 9 package and I’m speechless. They advertise that the car drives like stock. This isn’t a lie. This car is something else. It’s fast. Very smooth. Just an amazing work by them on a great car. Not to mention stock motor stock clutches and it out performs vehicles with more power. ( found out last night 😉)
Not to mention I’ve only ran the car this week on pump gas. I can’t wait to put race gas in it.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Pembroke Pines you should reach out to Brooks on Drag Times and run his 720S. I'm up in Tampa I'd love to see that setup! What did it cost and how long did they need the car for?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pembroke Pines you should reach out to Brooks on Drag Times and run his 720S. I'm up in Tampa I'd love to see that setup! What did it cost and how long did they need the car for?
Oh yes. We live about 3 miles apart from each other. I’ll be up in Bradenton this weekend at GTR world cup

·
Registered
310 Posts
Awesome , hopefully we will see some numbers shortly . I'm tempting to do TT on my R8

·
Registered
310 Posts
I’ll guess mid 9’s all day.
easier said then done . It won't happen on Michelin tires . I'd say low 10's to high 9 at around 145mph if he runs Michelin tires

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Oh yes. We live about 3 miles apart from each other. I’ll be up in Bradenton this weekend at GTR world cup
Nice! Bringing up the car? Too bad I work Saturday (off Sunday).

easier said then done . It won't happen on Michelin tires . I'd say low 10's to high 9 at around 145mph if he runs Michelin tires
Exactly. Local friend has a twin turbo Huracan (Brooks ran his 720S against it on his channel). He since took the video down since it was illegal street racing on US 27. His Huracan with twin turbo did 9.7 @ 145 MPH

1 - 11 of 11 Posts