Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

How does Android Auto look on the newer R8's? Since there's no second screen, it's all in the HUD. I'm worried that everything will be cramped in there (all the meters + Google Maps + Music), I won't be able to see too much and that controlling everything with the steering wheel will not be very efficient. Of course, voice features and calling features should be pretty simple. It's the maps and music that will be the most difficult to navigate in the UI.

If anyone would care to post a video of your experience, I would love to see it in action. I've watched these videos on youtube, but neither are in an Audi with a single screen that's shared with the meters.

·
Registered
77 Posts
R8 does not support Android Auto. Just Apple Carplay.

·
Premium Member
1,747 Posts
R8 does not support Android Auto. Just Apple Carplay.
That's not the case in Europe. I have AA in my MY17.

I can maybe take a few photo shots for the OP - it's quite clunky to use and I rarely use it except for long distance route guidance where you can plan a route with multiple way points in google maps then follow it on the virtual cockpit.

·
Registered
77 Posts

I can maybe take a few photo shots for the OP - it's quite clunky to use and I rarely use it except for long distance route guidance where you can plan a route with multiple way points in google maps then follow it on the virtual cockpit.
My bad. Interesting it's not available on 2020 Canadian models. Apple Carplay only.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

"Quite Clunky" is definitely not what I wanted to hear. :cautious: But, I sure would appreciate some pics or a short video demo. My car won't be here for many many months.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts