Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Administrator
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Photobucket.com has recently changed its terms of service for free users on their platform. As of June 20 images hosted by Photobucket and shared on our forum, or any other third party sites, will no longer appear. As a result, you may notice a higher amount of broken images on the forum.

If you do not have access to edit your older posts please contact an Administrator or Moderator for assistance. Please provide the new URL for the image that needs to be edited and a link to the thread the image in located in.

More information on the change and what it means for Photobucket users can be found below.

Photobucket Terms of Use http://photobucket.com/terms

Thank you

Community Support

·
Registered
804 Posts
is their a possibility you do the same then other forums do, like talkStuff/Audio (see below) as its a majority of the threads with photobucket link that are dead and not of any use. Also I am sure half of the users read this thread here.

talkStuff/Audio message and actions:
Hi all,

In light of Photobuckets recent activities, and the obvious impact it will have on forums such as TS, the admin team have been discussing the best course of action to keep our community "useful".

There are hundreds (if not thousands) of threads with images in them that were serviced by photobucket, and as a result, we have got to the point where there will be a *lot* of dead content on the forum.

To that end, Switch and I have been discussing options, and we are going to try to "pull" the images that are referenced in threads from photobucket, and host them on TS's webservers, and automagically update all the threads with the new location.
Needless to say, this may not work, and it may take a while to achieve if it does work!

So two main things.
1. We are *not* pulling all your photobucket images - only those posted in TS. Your other images will not even be looked at

2. A request - From reading the threads about photobucket on here, it seems some of you are already (understandably) migrating, or are planning on migrating away from Photobucket . We would like to request that you leave your images on photobucket for 4 weeks - to give us time to relink everything. If you have already deleted your photobucket account, then I can only ask that you update your threads with the new links. If you cannot do this, it is totally understandable, but we can but ask.
We will let you know how we get on with this project, but with our current commitments, it is going to take a while.
Thanks for reading.

If you not gonna go that way I suggest at least send a PM or mail to all users regarding photobucket issue and what everyone should do.
Thank you.

·
Premium Member
3,333 Posts
I switched to imgur.com for my signature profile photo and it works almost the same for free.

Photobucket just jumped off a cliff! :eek:

·
Registered
3,433 Posts
Closed my photobucket account as soon as I read this. What on earth were they thinking!! Will be using Thumbsnap now to host photos and one of the free online storage facilities such as BT or Google to keep them on.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Just signed up with Imgur. Miles better than Photobucket!

·
Administrator
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys,

You can choose what you would like to do in terms of switching over to another hosting site - just be cautious and mindful that it may only be a matter of time til they follow suit (to what Photobucket did). The instructions provided above is a temporary fix that we can offer at the moment to help restore your images until we have a more concrete solution soon.

Moving forward, we highly recommend that you use the Attachments tool within your Go Advanced option (can also be seen in your User CP), Albums and Gallery to host your images on our site here. We are looking at increasing the album limitations for photos which is set to 50 right now so sit tight for an update on this. Currently, you have unlimited attachments for images on your posts.

Let us know if you have further questions and/or concerns. Thank you for your patience and understanding on this.

Cheers,
Natalie

1 - 7 of 7 Posts