Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've posted a few times already, but never formally introduced myself.

I picked up my new R8 on November 8th. Ibis white, black interior, silver sideblade, MT, premium package.

I hadn't actually ordered the car. My local Audi dealer had one fresh off the truck. I wen't to go see it in person and fell in love with the car and bought it that night. Of course I had to wait a week since there was damage to one of the struts and they had to ship it in from Germany.

The first thing I did was drive the car from LA to San Diego and back, and all I can say is this car is amazing! Im 6'6, and I dont fit in most cars, let alone sports cars! (Im also a big boy BTW, 300lbs. Not lanky). My other vehicle is an F-150 and by far the R8 is a much more comfortable ride, especially on long distances.

Don't have any pics of course. But if you've seen one white R8 with silver sideblade you've seen em all. :D

Now I am planning to take the audi driving experience to get some real training behind the wheel of this thing. Theres a track about 40 minutes away from me, I cant wait!

·
Premium Member
481 Posts
Welcome!

How are you planning on using the car? Daily driver? Weekend cruiser? Are you going to track it?

mt

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I like the car so much I'm going to sell the truck and just use it as a daily. I do plan to do some slow hot laps around the track until I get more and more used to it. Planning on getting some pointers from some instructors as well. I've never done any racing so Im a little nervous taking out the car. I'll probably do the audi driving experience first, where they supply the R8 so mine wont be in any danger in the beginning. :D

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
Don't have any pics of course. But if you've seen one white R8 with silver sideblade you've seen em all.
yeah, but never tire of seeing r8 pics - especially less common combos like yours :)

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
I hadn't actually ordered the car. My local Audi dealer had one fresh off the truck.
My salesman says they have three(!) coming soon from "port stock" and is looking for potential buyers. Still asking substantially over MSRP, but then they must not be lining up if he's asking me for referrals.

Now I am planning to take the audi driving experience to get some real training behind the wheel of this thing. Theres a track about 40 minutes away from me, I cant wait!
Rogun, the SoCal Audi club has an on-track performance driving school coming up the first week of December. One on One instruction, not racing. http://www.sccaudi.com/articles.asp?id=168. I'm taking mine, come join us!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My salesman says they have three(!) coming soon from "port stock" and is looking for potential buyers. Still asking substantially over MSRP, but then they must not be lining up if he's asking me for referrals.

Rogun, the SoCal Audi club has an on-track performance driving school coming up the first week of December. One on One instruction, not racing. http://www.sccaudi.com/articles.asp?id=168. I'm taking mine, come join us!
I have a feeling that pretty soon dealers are going to have to lower their rediculous mark-ups to start selling. Even now on Ebay you arent seeing any bidders on the cars listed, some even at MSRP.

Yeah Desperado, I might just head out there. Seems like a pretty good deal. Should be fun.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I do not think they can ask for those mark up anymore, I doubt they will get it.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
times are tough and the r8 isn't quite the "it" car it was last year - makes it hard to command stiff premiums over list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts