Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seen posted on another forum ... this review ... is apparently made and published on a site that regularly slates new cars ... the poster on the other forum saying is was ... "a surprise" ... in reference to the content of the review.

Once more miss-comparison to the 911Turbo ... which was never the target for the V8 R8 ... and possibly not even the V10 R8 ... so maybe you can treat the review with the contempt that someone making a comparison to a car that is not a direct rival ... deserves!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Paul,

I agree with you regarding about this "review"...

It is written by one of "those people" that I mentioned in my last PM to you.

IMHO in the end only raw test results-metrics will be the final judge. Sorry to say, but excellent drivers feel will not count IMO.

So, R8 needs to be faster on the track, in acceleration and in every day situation then AM V8 Vantage, Porsche 997 Carerra S and 997 Carrera 4S models. That's simple truth IMHO. And a key element for R8 future...

Ferrari F430, Lamborghini Gallardo or Porsche 997 turbo are not competiton, at least until V10 version of R8 is introduced.

But, my inner feelings are telling me that R8(in current V8 form) will be more then enough true sportscar for most of us...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IMHO in the end only raw test results-metrics will be the final judge.
This will be the case for many ... and while I would be more than happy to see numbers that better other 'rivals' ... it is not the ultimate factor for me.
Sorry to say, but excellent drivers feel will not count IMO.
I think I have similar feelings to you on this aspect ... I would like good levels of 'feel' and 'feedback' through the controls ... including the bottom of the seat ... so as long as that turns out to be the case ... which the vast majority of reviews seem to indicate it does ... I'll be happy.

Therefore if people say ... "but it hasn't got the driver feedback and feel that you get in a 911" ... quite simply I won't care!
But, my inner feelings are telling me that R8(in current V8 form) will be more then enough true sportscar for most of us...
Plenty of reviews ... not to mention feedback from some of the lucky ones to have driven the R8 ... including people like R8Runner on this site ... suggest that the V8 provides ample power and response for the majority of drivers ... although I suspect there will be a small minority of people who buy the R8 ... and will feel it needs more power ... however, the simple response to those people would be ... wait for the V10 and buy that ... or upgrade when you get the chance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts