Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... from someone who attended the Las Vegas R8 driving experiance ... click here ... over on the Fourtitude website.

A reasonable read and interesting points about ... the powerplant ... the brakes ... and gearboxes ... worth a read at least.

·
Registered
647 Posts
Also there is an interesting article in BMW Magazine(UK) about R8. They like it a lot and clear preferance for them is manual...

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Also there is an interesting article in BMW Magazine(UK) about R8. They like it a lot and clear preferance for them is manual...
Kreso ... any idea which edition of the BMW magazine the article appears in ... :confused: ... also, can you confirm the name of the magazine ... :confused: ... I might take a trip to the news stand and see if I can find a copy some time over the weekend ... if I get a chance.

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Kreso ... if I can spot in in the shops ... I'll pick up a copy and have a read ... will be interesting to read the impressions of people who are obviously BMW enthusiasts.

·
Registered
33 Posts
The lack of info from Audi & their dealers in the UK is becoming rather irksome, given the lavish support shown in the USA. Of course Audi need to do well in such an important market, but it wouldn't cost them much to at least offer early customers more than a "30 minute appointment", during which we are allowed to look at a car, and "have our questions answered" by someone from Audi. This is 5 weeks from now, and I can't even make the appointment because of work! Buck up Audi, it's £80k, show a little respect for your customers. And by the way, are those dark wheels on the wall display (in the photos from the Fourtitude site)?

·
Registered
840 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting write up ... although there weren't many column inches talking in depth about the R8 ... they love the build quality ... the attention to detail ... the comfort levels ... they feel that parts are a bit 'showy' ... and they are not so keen on the sideblades ... but they like it's feel "like a sports car" ... saying the chassis is massively stiff and that the whole car feels "staggeringly well built" ... they seem to prefer the manual over the R-tronic ... they don't feel it has the instant punch of a 911 ... but that it is quick and keeps going with a certain relentlessness ... the brakes being equally up to the task of reining in the car when needed ... they feel the four wheel drive might be partly responsible to taking the crispness off the steering ... but stops short of dulling it ... calling it "precise" and "nicely balanced" ... going on to add that the magnetic ride is impressively supple even on poor surfaces yet is very well controlled in terms of pitch and roll ... adding that it has bags of grip and no obvious vices.

Hardly unsurprisingly they conclude and infer that the 911 is still safe to wear the ... drivers car crown ... but that the R8 offers a real alternative to some of the others.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Greetings to all......

I also was fortunate to attend on Thursday the R8 Driving Experience in Las Vegas!

I worked on a post between flights back; then I found this thread on the fourtitude forum.....

http://forums.fourtitude.com/zerothread?id=3087511

John-from-Knoxville summed it up better than I could (and with good pix too)
so read his thread! The R8 is a keeper! (as if we didn't already know that).

James-from-Lopez

PS (short rant) please STOP all the comparison whining about 0-60 times of the R8 vs the 997! WFC!!! Rest assured that your R8 is so exotic compared to a 997 that there simply are no comparisons! I own cars more than 2X in price: the R8 holds its own alongside them just fine! (rant over)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts