Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it worth doing fo ra six speed manual? Who has done it?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I'm talking about the major upgrade by Audi sent to all owners by letter and phone, to include software updates, and some other things like B&O update, fastening side blades and rear window, etc. I'm asking if it's worth the trouble to have the entire package done.

Thank you the the person above for enlightening me that the six speed does not use software.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I'm talking about the major upgrade by Audi sent to all owners by letter and phone, to include software updates, and some other things like B&O update, fastening side blades and rear window, etc. I'm asking if it's worth the trouble to have the entire package done.

Thank you the the person above for enlightening me that the six speed does not use software.
My phone must be broken, and my postman off sick :(

·
Registered
8 Posts

17C5 recall,both engine ecu software updated r tronic updated b,o updated and quality measures depending on criterion,i have carried out 10 recalls so far and must say the software updates make the running smoother and better gearchange with rtonic.Speak to your r8 techs at your dealers

·
Registered
172 Posts
I must say that participating in this forum over the past couple of months is giving me an inferiority complex as an American. What asses we must appear to be to the rest of the world. Thanks to all who share and participate in a cooperative spirit.

·
Registered
935 Posts
I must say that participating in this forum over the past couple of months is giving me an inferiority complex as an American. What asses we must appear to be to the rest of the world. Thanks to all who share and participate in a cooperative spirit.
Ummm, I think people are taking things a little TOO seriously?? Most of the regulars on this forum are actually very helpfull, in fact, we gather and share a lot of data on the R8.

I don't think anyone was being patronised. The original question was extremely vague and hence I asked for clarification.

To be honest, this is one of the most freindly forums around, I've seen much worse! :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
How do I know if I've had the software update? I bought it less than a month ago so I don't know it may already have been flashed...

·
Registered
8 Posts
How do I know if I've had the software update? I bought it less than a month ago so I don't know it may already have been flashed...
Towards the rear pages of the service book the entry should be made recall 17c5 carried out.Also contact any r8 partner who can tell you by checking on elsa.Not all r8s requirea recall so this may explain why you have had no contact and if your vehicle was delivered new 1 month ago then it doesnt require the recall.:)

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ummm, I think people are taking things a little TOO seriously?? Most of the regulars on this forum are actually very helpfull, in fact, we gather and share a lot of data on the R8.

I don't think anyone was being patronised. The original question was extremely vague and hence I asked for clarification.

To be honest, this is one of the most freindly forums around, I've seen much worse! :)
I agree. My original question could have been worded better, his question was fine and appropriate.

Let's leave world politics out of this. Ours cars are what take our minds off that stuff. We're here to have fun.

As mentioned above, not all cars need the update. Audi will run your VIN, and tell you if you need the update, parts of it, or all of it. It's some dozen things long, and the later cars don't need some things, like fastening the side blade, changing the rear side window mounts, etc. Audi called my house, and sent a letter. I had a 9/07 build, and need most of the stuff. Problem is, it runs fine as it is. I may do it after it's broken in. For me, it's a 70 mile trip on the freeway to the dealer.

I guess this is why Audi sends us the free stuff, to be understanding.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Yes,but mention it to the dealer before repairs so the tech can double check the foam inserts for the sideblades and the o rings

·
Registered
11 Posts
My manual car was registered in Feb 08. It has a slightly annoying hesitation when I come back on the throttle after coasting to, for example, a roundabout.
Does the ECU update solve this?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I get that too, and the car's in on Monday to get it checked out - I'll mention the software thing. My car was registered March 2nd but had been ready for maybe 3 weeks prior, so same sort of age as yours I guess.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts