Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think my aftermarket Exhaust and airfilters made it a little difficult to pass my smog test. Has this happened to any-one else?

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
Ummm, I'm confused... Why did you need to have a smog test done? It doesn't seem like you would meet either of the tests below...

from California BAR website:
Q. Is my vehicle required to get a Smog Check?
A. Your vehicle needs a Smog Check if it is more than
six model years old
and the model year is 1976
or newer. ... A Smog Check is also required if you sell your
vehicle and it is more than four model years old

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
My R 8 was brought into California from out of state...Florida.Maybe I should go to DMV and get all my money back cuz you guys said so.

·
Super Moderator
3,615 Posts
OK, thanks for clarifying. (I didn't mean to dis you - my bad. I was just curious. It can be so tough to express inflection in a post.) I suppose you may be one of the very first R8s to have smogcheck done, eh?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Unfortunately ,maybe so. I just hope others don't experience what I went through.I had a very patient smog guy help me.It was pins and needles for a bit. I might even have to recommend him to some who can't pass smog.Or put the stock exhaust back on! My air filters probably did'nt help any. The test to hold Rs at an increased limit for a prescribed time was difficult because engine would hunt higher Rs. We'd get to 50 sec. or so and engine would hunt and we would start all over again!!:)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts