Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
I love my R8 but am not an Audi loyalist. I test drove it and found it to be and nicely handling crossover. It shouldn't be called Q because it makes the Q7 seem like a boat. For 2x the money I'll take an X6.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I think there was a thread here about someone getting one (or maybe it was a q7)

·
Registered
485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I love my R8 but am not an Audi loyalist. I test drove it and found it to be and nicely handling crossover. It shouldn't be called Q because it makes the Q7 seem like a boat. For 2x the money I'll take an X6.
I had a Q7 first before the R8, and both my wife and I are now big fan of Audi, but I am also a fan of Porsche... ; D X6 looks big, and it only sit 4. Maybe a 2+2 R8 to come from Audi. Just like the Panamera? ; D Love the look of A7, if that is going inot production. I know, I am going off the R8 topics here....

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
In the movie TAKEN , The principle drove a very nice Audi. What model was this ?? :)

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I briefly considered the q5, but like R8_V8_driver I'm not really an "audi man". I did go for the x6 as the sensible car and love it, but then again I only ever need to seat 4 max.

Maybe a 2+2 R8 to come from Audi. Just like the Panamera?
can't see that ever happening, even in concept form, given audi have the fast saloon thing well covered already. porsche didn't have anything in that segment.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I briefly considered the q5, but like R8_V8_driver I'm not really an "audi man". I did go for the x6 as the sensible car and love it, but then again I only ever need to seat 4 max.

can't see that ever happening, even in concept form, given audi have the fast saloon thing well covered already. porsche didn't have anything in that segment.
the high end performance "4 door coupe" coming from Audi is going to be the A7/S7 "sportback"....probably not going to come to the states I believe I read, at least not soon
http://www.audiworld.com/news/07/audi-a7-sneak-peak/

and read this piece about the A5 Sportback which IS going to come here they say
http://www.fourtitude.com/news/publish/Features/article_5075.shtml

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I had a 2 door a5 which was a nice enough car, but the x6 is much more up my street.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
I had a 2 door a5 which was a nice enough car, but the x6 is much more up my street.
clearly, from what's being put out there so far, it's the "7" series Audi that is being shaped up to compete w. the 6 series BM'er; 5 series (Audi) is pitched at the mid market---wherever that is in this economy:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
clearly, from what's being put out there so far, it's the "7" series Audi that is being shaped up to compete w. the 6 series BM'er; 5 series (Audi) is pitched at the mid market---wherever that is in this economy
it's all getting confusing and harder to directly compare models outside of the mainstream ones.

the audi a5 is to the a4 what the bmw 3 series coupe is to the 3 series saloon.

the bmw 6 series is a large sports coupe/convertible which audi don't really have anything to target. having had a 6 series, I really don't see the proposed a7 being all that comparable as it lacks the sports styling.

the x6 isn't a 6 series, audi would need to make a coupe version of the q7 to have something in that very specific niche.

the q5 is more of a pumped up a4 - which is what it's based on.

bmw have nothing remotely comparable to the r8 though - there was talk of them doing a mid engined competitor but the credit crunch put the kibosh on that.

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
proposed a7 being all that comparable as it lacks the sports styling.

couldn't agree with you more, as far as the A7 "4 door coupe."

but AudiClub NA's magazine, "Quattro Quarterly", (which is an outstanding, big, slick well done piece) ran some "rumors" about Audi development projects, and Audi have plans for that platform. The "sportback" will be a big "fastback"/hatchback and there's a convertible coming as well. All of this will be of more interest to you fellows in UK, because ACNA say's we're not likely to get any of it.

Wish I could post what I read, but I don't save magazines, and they don't put their editorial content online, so you'll just have to wait and see; but they implied it was targeted at Audi's "competitors." When it get's to the realm of Audi's sport division (the RS folks), then we'll see the "sport" part emerge, I think.

·
Registered
761 Posts
My mother has a Q5. Tells everything "my mother has one". Excellent car I'd say for errands, family and errands.

Get a Cayenne Turbo or Turbo S to do all the previous and smoke punks are red lights and overtake M3s at 120mph!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts