Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have never seen an R8 on the road around Pittsburgh. I seem to have the only one ;). I heard of a black one spotted in Squirrel Hill. Actually I have not seen another R8 on the road or parked ANYWHERE EVER!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Just got my 09 R8 Daytona Grey this past Tuesday!!! Drove it tonight to the Pens Game!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I went to see Dane Cook at the arena on Thursday night and was going to take it but decided not to. BTW, if you ever get a chance to see Dane Cook live.....DON'T!! He is awful! Where did you buy your R8 and have you ever seen any others around town?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I've been told there are only two or three of us. I tried for many, many months to get the R8 locally but it was like donating a kidney (maybe even worse). I finally got mine from Wisconsin. The dealer there was great and I have the car exactly as I would have ordered it!!! R U in Nevillewood?

·
Registered
293 Posts
Wow. Nice to see some Pittsburgh People in here. I used to live in Shadyside a couple of years ago. :D

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I've been told there are only two or three of us. I tried for many, many months to get the R8 locally but it was like donating a kidney (maybe even worse). I finally got mine from Wisconsin. The dealer there was great and I have the car exactly as I would have ordered it!!! R U in Nevillewood?
I live in Murrysville. I have a silver one with carbon sides and black guts. It's a nice car and guts huge attention that is a little hard to get used to but I'm not used to a engine with such a lack of low end torque. It just wants to wind. I'm getting used to it though. My 135i 6 speed with a chip (400HP 400TQ that starts down low) pulls like a freight train. The Audi just ha sooo much style though. It needs about 100 more HP but without the huge adder for the V10.

·
Premium Member
1,135 Posts
I live in Murrysville. I have a silver one with carbon sides and black guts. It's a nice car and guts huge attention that is a little hard to get used to but I'm not used to a engine with such a lack of low end torque. It just wants to wind. I'm getting used to it though. My 135i 6 speed with a chip (400HP 400TQ that starts down low) pulls like a freight train. The Audi just ha sooo much style though. It needs about 100 more HP but without the huge adder for the V10.
Completely agreed on all points... solutions:

Attention: R8 becomes more commonplace, but none of us want that
Low end: Hopefully a rush of supercharger products this summer

Murrysville is about 4 hours from me, so I wont expect to see you on the road ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts