Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone? I asked my dealer, but they didn't know if it would be possible. He keeps kind of blowing me off on my emails and questions, and I'm getting pissed.

·
Registered
347 Posts
(Not in US but in Korea) I want to have Euro delivery too but the language here is such a hassle for me. My dealer doesn't seem to understand much and I have to write everything down for him to say just yes or no and how much.

·
Registered
183 Posts
The Tourist delivery program through Audi USA costs an additional $3,900.00 for the R8. (ugh... other Audi's are discounted 5%) Once your dealer has a production schedule for the car, he can order/request tourist delivery for you, then coordinate that delivery through Audi's Tourist delivery department. You really have to be on top of your dealer as he probably dosen't know how it works and is probably too lazy to find out. For additional information, contact the R8 hotline (through the normal Audi Customer Relations telephone number 1-866-892-2834). They are super helpful and will make things happen for you. If you do it, make sure they provide you with the Tom-Tom NAV system as the US spec cars NAV system dosent work in Eurpoe... and without it you will get lost.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
The Tourist delivery program through Audi USA costs an additional $3,900.00 for the R8. (ugh... other Audi's are discounted 5%) Once your dealer has a production schedule for the car, he can order/request tourist delivery for you, then coordinate that delivery through Audi's Tourist delivery department. You really have to be on top of your dealer as he probably dosen't know how it works and is probably too lazy to find out. For additional information, contact the R8 hotline (through the normal Audi Customer Relations telephone number 1-866-892-2834). They are super helpful and will make things happen for you. If you do it, make sure they provide you with the Tom-Tom NAV system as the US spec cars NAV system dosent work in Eurpoe... and without it you will get lost.
That is bullshit that it costs $3900 more. It shouldn't cost anything other than the insurance. My sales person is really getting on my nerves. He never responds to my emails and never follows up on things. I'm going to bitch up a storm if I don't hear back in the next couple days. I buy a $130K car without even getting in it, and they can't return my calls or emails?

As for Tom Tom, yeah, I toured France last summer and the Nav saved my life. However, I did do Austria, Switzerland, and Germany without the Nav and managed. I did however have a laptop with map software to get exact adresses.

What aspect of the Nav doesn't work with Europe?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts