Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up my R8 this week and was slightly surprised to be offered a pre-paid maintenance deal covering servicing, tyres (normal wear and tear of course), brakes, etc. Price is £129 pcm which I reckon works out at roughly one service and a set of tyres per year. I expect to have to service the car around annually given the kind of driving I do and based on the intervals I've seen on this forum, which makes this borderline attractive. I'm also tempted by the idea of removing susprises on the basis that anything that needs doing should be either warranty or covered by this deal unless I do something stupid.

Has anyone else taken out this kind of agreement and have experience of its value?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I took out the servicing only portion of the plan as I didn't want to be restricted with regards to when I could change the tyres and to what.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah, didn't realise that was an option. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
the option wasn't mentioned until after I turned down the tyres+servicing one.

These are the figures from when I took it out back in March, but things might have changed since then:

the terms of it were 10k miles per annum, over 36 months - £24.21 per month which comes out at £290.52 per annum or £871.56 over the 3 years.

the cost of the servicing I was told was £425 minor and £600 major which would be £1,450 for the first 3. They did say that I could opt for servicing every 12 months rather than just via the onboard computer but I am a touch skeptical about that.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok, thanks. Will ask about servicing only. I was also offered tyres and servicing at 10k miles pa and over 36 months, but was told I couldn't opt to have the car serviced in advance of the computer.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
fwiw in comparison, the tyre+servicing package was offered at £119pm/£1429pa

they costed tyres at the time at:

£220 front, £340 rear giving £1,120 for a set.

was told I couldn't opt to have the car serviced in advance of the computer.
I think that's how it will pan out for me - I get the feeling the 2 people I asked to confirm being able to get 12 mth servicing will develop selective amnesia if I try and call it in.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Audi pre-paid maintenance/ servicing for US market, is it worth it?

Can anyone share info on this for the US market? I am always suspicious of dealers special bundle offers...

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
Ky-Soldier has one. Here's my message..

"Hi- Do I remeber you posted something on the Audi maintenance plan? I saw one recently that indicated there are 2 levels, major & minor? Does Audi USA have 2? I take delivery in Jan. and would like to add a plan and 3M PPF to my purchase."

and his reply...

"just one, $650 plan for normal sched maint"

I'm going to get one

·
Registered
485 Posts
Ky-Soldier has one. Here's my message..

"Hi- Do I remeber you posted something on the Audi maintenance plan? I saw one recently that indicated there are 2 levels, major & minor? Does Audi USA have 2? I take delivery in Jan. and would like to add a plan and 3M PPF to my purchase."

and his reply...

"just one, $650 plan for normal sched maint"

I'm going to get one
THx for the info, u r getting yours in Jan? congrats. Do u think there is enough contrast with the apollo and the silver, that is the same specs I have. But yet to see the apollo in person. I like a little more contrast, but it is hard to figure that out from pictures and the tiny sample.

·
Premium Member
1,244 Posts
I think that's $650 well spent.

I know what you mean about lack of contrast but, I've said it before, CF is the avocado refrigerator of the 60s. I was originally going to do Imola yellow & CF but went stealth instead. Not that's a contrast (yellow to ice silver)!

Send me message, we can talk delivery off-line!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts