Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 430 Posts

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sprint booster from lltek.com. I wonder if it works on automatics too ? Anyone tried it?? :confused:

·
Registered
72 Posts
I didn't know they made an application for the R8?? A friend uses it in his Subaru WRX STI and thinks it makes a difference-no faster but smoother throttle response.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Don't spirit boosters stand on the sidelines of high school football games wearing skirts, holding pom-poms and cheer a lot?

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My spirit booster is a ride in the R8 and THEN a black and tan. (GUINESS with a floater of Bass on top).:) Love those oil can size Fosters' too!:)

·
Registered
37 Posts
the Sprint Booster is about the lamest gimmicky POS out there! I can't believe there are fools out there that actually buy it... Maybe someone who has a Subaru, but hopefully no one who has the wherewithal to get to the point in their life that they could afford an R8!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Jballer...tell us a little more.Where are you driving your cars? What do you drive and who do you know that has tried the sprint booster.I hope you are knowledged and have some experience to aid this forum ! :)

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
the Sprint Booster is about the lamest gimmicky POS out there! I can't believe there are fools out there that actually buy it... Maybe someone who has a Subaru, but hopefully no one who has the wherewithal to get to the point in their life that they could afford an R8!
they don't claim it makes the car faster, just a throttle pedal remap:

How much horsepower gain can I expect from SprintBooster?

Sprint Booster does not increase horsepower. Sprint Booster changes the throttle response in the low to mid rpm range where cars spend a majority of their time. As a result, your car feels peppier and more powerful.
http://www.sprintboostersales.com/faq.cfm

as long as it delivers that, then what's the problem (other than the $300 price tag)?

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Jballer...tell us a little more.Where are you driving your cars? What do you drive and who do you know that has tried the sprint booster.I hope you are knowledged and have some experience to aid this forum ! :)
drive-by slagging, I doubt he'll be back. If the thing doesn't work, fine, but tell why rather than google 'sprint booster' and throw insults at every BB thread you can find on it (that'll get you a lot of currency with the regulars on a board :rolleyes:)

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
No matter how many times I read this, I still see the word "Spirit". Ever have that happen? See a word incorrectly and can't get off the incorrectness?

I still think it's all about cheer leaders... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
No matter how many times I read this, I still see the word "Spirit". Ever have that happen? See a word incorrectly and can't get off the incorrectness?
Maybe it's like this :eek:

I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.

·
Premium Member
2,085 Posts
I cnduo't bvleiee taht I culod aulaclty uesdtannrd waht I was rdnaieg. Unisg the icndeblire pweor of the hmuan mnid, aocdcrnig to rseecrah at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mttaer in waht oderr the lterets in a wrod are, the olny irpoamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rhgit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whoutit a pboerlm. Tihs is bucseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey ltteer by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Aaznmig, huh? Yaeh and I awlyas tghhuot slelinpg was ipmorantt! See if yuor fdreins can raed tihs too.
it never ceases to amaze me how easy it is to read that type of text.

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After researching a bit more and speaking with the tech. at LLTEK , I am expecting shipping in a few days. It is constructed in Greece. There is only this way to find out for sure.Will keep U all posted. I am anxious to try it. It needs to be removed before Audi does diagnostics , otherwise the Audi techs could be confused. Plug and play...we will see !!! :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
It really doesn't matter what I drive to give you my opinion on a gimmick... No, no one I know personally is stupid enough to have purchased a product with $.25 in parts that may, in some way, affect the way the throttle feeds information to the ECU... I think I'll leave that up to the engineers who did a pretty good job designing the rest of the car!

PS - I have a BMW M6, Vette Z06, just sold my 2008 R8, 2010 on order... Again, not that it matters!

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Congrats on your fine stable of automobiles.

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
It really doesn't matter what I drive to give you my opinion on a gimmick... No, no one I know personally is stupid enough to have purchased a product with $.25 in parts that may, in some way, affect the way the throttle feeds information to the ECU... I think I'll leave that up to the engineers who did a pretty good job designing the rest of the car!

BTW, I've read your posts... still looking for the knowledge you're adding. "Duh, I'm fixin' to add that there n-n-nitrous to my R8 some day"... ROFLMAO

PS - I have a BMW M6, Vette Z06, just sold my 2008 R8, 2010 on order... Again, not that it matters!
Well some1 is a nobhead...

·
Registered
37 Posts
Well some1 is a nobhead...
No, I'm actually really not! I apologize to Harrison for the rude retaliation... I am just extremely passionate about my car modifications ;) LOL In all seriousness, it's the middle of fantasy football and I guess I'm in "instant trash-talking" mode ;) Again, I apologize, I'll remember my audience and will post appropriately in the future. Have a great weekend all!

PS - Harrison, I have nitrous on the Z06 and it's a blast! I think it would be fun to throw in the R8, too ;)

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
There's passionate and then there's abuse........... long live Harrison!! I'd love to buy the guy a beer, I'd like to bet he's a blast not an (*** deleted ***)

·
Premium Member
1,073 Posts
Although I find Mr Baller's initial attitude a bit rude I have to say I do see something that just changes the resistance of the throttle pedal potentiometer a bit pointless.

Having said that I have paid far more for pointless and short lived 'products' ;-)

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
I don't believe it changes the 'resistance', I believe it frigs about with how it maps throttle pedal position to the throttle opening control unit. Not sure I would want to be first to try it, hence Harrison's intial question?

1 - 20 of 430 Posts