Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I’m doing OEM R8 LMS mirrors on my car.

Bear in mind you’ll lose any functions (folding, obviously) as well as heated mirrors, and auto dimming.

The mirrors are full CF and the mirror glasses are affixed with double sided Velcro.

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
Face lift mirrors are better, more angular. I swapped out to those for my Gen 1. And with carbon fiber shells.

·
Premium Member
3,033 Posts
Gen1 mirrors in carbon fibre aren't ugly, I like them

Reactions: RV8

·
Premium Member
4,347 Posts
Those LMS mirrors look nice - more exotic looking. I'm assuming you also lose the integrated turn signal on top of folding, heat, etc.

·
Registered
563 Posts
i'm very happy with my oem mirrors. the LMS oem mirrors are only nice if you are setting it up as such but if your setup is stock or mildly modded then the stocks are way better. the LMS mirrors would look out of place if you do that.

Reactions: RV8

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Those LMS mirrors look nice - more exotic looking. I'm assuming you also lose the integrated turn signal on top of folding, heat, etc.
Yes sir. Forgot about those!

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
i'm very happy with my oem mirrors. the LMS oem mirrors are only nice if you are setting it up as such but if your setup is stock or mildly modded then the stocks are way better. the LMS mirrors would look out of place if you do that.
Agreed. I’m doing a pretty heavy LMS inspired modded car.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Looking forward to your project. Are you doing this for the LMS look or aero for the track?

Agreed. I’m doing a pretty heavy LMS inspired modded car.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Hmmm if I had an r8 I am not sure I would be so critical about it. It’s a fabulous car. It’s on my list of upcoming accomplishments but I understand you have it and you want to tweak it a bit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
Looking forward to your project. Are you doing this for the LMS look or aero for the track?
I’m doing it for me. Because I love the look and love building cars to my ideas I have in my head. It will be very aero oriented as well, although I am not doing a full wide body LMS Kit. It will be done right. Not necessarily for track use only. Just for my enjoyment!

·
Registered
563 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Weird - I’ve always thought if there is one part Audi always nails home on their cars it’s the side mirrors. Thought that about the R8 and Same for the b6 s4.

Reactions: DaveL

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
yup and we're all excited with the finished product:)
Me too. It’s on hold a bit though. Starting a new home build. Gotta make sure that’s done first. (But hey, 6 garage bays and a lift!)

I’ve got about 70% of the mods purchased. Need to get a few more key items fabricated before the build.
I was hoping to get it done for Waterfest this year, but it got cancelled due to COVID. So hopefully it will be ready by next summer!

·
Premium Member
106 Posts
How is visibility out of those LMS mirrors. I imagine a lot less than OEM.

However, the aerodynamic gains must be incredible, mirrors contribute to a lot of drag.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don’t hate those mirrors though... is that an option aftermarket one the early r8?

·
Registered
563 Posts
Me too. It’s on hold a bit though. Starting a new home build. Gotta make sure that’s done first. (But hey, 7 garage bays and a lift!)

I’ve got about 70% of the modded purchased. Need to get a few more key items fabricated before the build.
I was hoping to get it donefor Waterfest this year, but it got cancelled due to COVID. So hopefully it will be ready by next summer!
7 car garage and a lift would be my dream man cave. take you time with the build...get it right the first time. slowly but surely is the best way to go. this pandemic really screwed everyone on this planet but as long as we're healthy we are golden:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts