Audi R8 Forums banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Audi R8 V10 Coupe
683 Posts
Weird - I’ve always thought if there is one part Audi always nails home on their cars it’s the side mirrors. Thought that about the R8 and Same for the b6 s4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree. I don’t have anything against the factory side mirrors.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
7 car garage and a lift would be my dream man cave. take you time with the build...get it right the first time. slowly but surely is the best way to go. this pandemic really screwed everyone on this planet but as long as we're healthy we are golden:)
I miswrote that. Fat thumbs. It’s only 6 bays. But there’s extra room in there if I had a car on rollers. I’m only going to do a lift in one bay. The rest of the bonus room areas above will bring the ceilings everywhere else to 9’.

I’m doing a single and a double bay door on each side. Total garage will be L-shaped.

Reactions: audiction

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
How is visibility out of those LMS mirrors. I imagine a lot less than OEM.

However, the aerodynamic gains must be incredible, mirrors contribute to a lot of drag.
I don’t have them on yet, so I’m not sure. It can’t be that bad, but they are smaller surface area. Yes the aero will be big difference.

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
I don’t hate those mirrors though... is that an option aftermarket one the early r8?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No it wasn’t an option. I purchased a used set of mirrors from a Gen1 LMS racecar. Refinishing them in gloss to match the rest of the car.

From what I can tell in pics there were a couple different LMS mirror types on the Gen1 LMS cars.

With the silver connector piece you see in the pic it is a direct fitment onto any Gen1 car door. They are all the same.

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
No it wasn’t an option. I purchased a used set of mirrors from a Gen1 LMS racecar. Refinishing them in gloss to match the rest of the car.

From what I can tell in pics there were a couple different LMS mirror types on the Gen1 LMS cars.

With the silver connector piece you see in the pic it is a direct fitment onto any Gen1 car door. They are all the same.
Actually - you are getting brand new LMS mirrors

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Oh sweet! I didn’t realize. I thought they were used, but the attachments and mirror glasses were new.

That’s amazing Osman!

·
Registered
557 Posts

·
Premium Member
793 Posts
Those may work. All I will say is in my experience with Radical Tuning, you’ll get great correspondence with “Tom” right up until the time you pay the invoice. Then you’ll get no response. Many months will go by, and eventually you’ll get a package, that’s not exactly what you purchased. And the quality is no where close to OEM, by a LONG shot. Any attempt at trying to talk to them at that point will fall on deaf ears.

Use them at your own risk.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Those may work. All I will say is in my experience with Radical Tuning, you’ll get great correspondence with “Tom” right up until the time you pay the invoice. Then you’ll get no response. Many months will go by, and eventually you’ll get a package, that’s not exactly what you purchased. And the quality is no where close to OEM, by a LONG shot. Any attempt at trying to talk to them at that point will fall on deaf ears.

Use them at your own risk.
Thats a shame but thanks for the heads up..I'll pass!

21 - 34 of 34 Posts