Audi R8 Forums banner
21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
I put my preorder in 2 mo ago… I hope I get an allocation. Enjoy nimbus gray, but will probably have some livery wrapped on like this. Perfect car to go with my R8!
Car Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle

·
Registered
646 Posts
lotus north jersey already has 77 deposits, i dont believe they can even fill all of those in 2022 :(
this sucks, i should have acted sooner. haha

·
Registered
2017 R8 V10 Plus | Suzuka Gray on Red | ESS Supercharger | Fabspeed Exhaust | XPel Stealth PPF
67 Posts
lotus north jersey already has 77 deposits, i dont believe they can even fill all of those in 2022 :(
Try contacting Allison at Gator Lotus ([email protected]) and tell her Ari sent you. They have a TON of allocations. I’m not sure how far they are in the list but may be able to snag a spot in line this year.

·
Registered
646 Posts
Try contacting Allison at Gator Lotus ([email protected]) and tell her Ari sent you. They have a TON of allocations. I’m not sure how far they are in the list but may be able to snag a spot in line this year.
i really appreciate it but i'd rather work with a dealer thats local i can drive back and forth to for the process (and subsequent maintenance).

·
Registered
2017 R8 V10 Plus | Suzuka Gray on Red | ESS Supercharger | Fabspeed Exhaust | XPel Stealth PPF
67 Posts
i really appreciate it but i'd rather work with a dealer thats local i can drive back and forth to for the process (and subsequent maintenance).
Makes sense, no worries. For me, I have a Lotus dealer near me that I use for service and such but they didn’t have as many allocations so I went out of state. The entire order process for the Emira with Gator has been over email. I’ll just have them ship it to me when it arrives. I’ll still have my local Lotus dealer handle my service and maintenance. Good luck! I hope you find one!

·
Registered
646 Posts
Makes sense, no worries. For me, I have a Lotus dealer near me that I use for service and such but they didn’t have as many allocations so I went out of state. The entire order process for the Emira with Gator has been over email. I’ll just have them ship it to me when it arrives. I’ll still have my local Lotus dealer handle my service and maintenance. Good luck! I hope you find one!
im also way too impatient... putting a deposit down on a car that wont arrive till december 2022 (which realistically means youre not driving it till april 2023 in the northeast) seems farfetched for my personality :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
im also way too impatient... putting a deposit down on a car that wont arrive till december 2022 (which realistically means youre not driving it till april 2023 in the northeast) seems farfetched for my personality :)
I’m with you! I’ll have mine completed this winter and in my hands this coming spring. I can wait a handful of months but any more than that won’t work!

·
Registered
646 Posts
I’m with you! I’ll have mine completed this winter and in my hands this coming spring. I can wait a handful of months but any more than that won’t work!
you might be one of the first arrivals then, keep us posted how it is!

·
Registered
67 Posts
you might be one of the first arrivals then, keep us posted how it is!
Absolutely! Detailed review coming up as soon as I have my hands on it!

Reactions: dinkman

·
Premium Member
1,138 Posts
I put down a deposit with Motorcars Of Atlanta within a couple of days of the announcement. Spoke to my sales Rep today and I'm 9th on there list of 60 orders.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Grey Wood Tints and shades Electric blue Font

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Exactly the same with my GR Yaris order. 12 month waiting list. 😒

·
Registered
371 Posts
To slow? Same performance as gen1 v10
Wut? Gen 1 V10 0 to 60 mph in 3.3 seconds and 11.4 seconds at 126 mph bone stock.

emira is 0-60 in 4.5 and quarter mile in probably closer to low 12s at best with 400hp and a curb weight of 3200 lbs. Thats hardly "same performance" more on par with a gen 1 V8 I'd say.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
Wut? Gen 1 V10 0 to 60 mph in 3.3 seconds and 11.4 seconds at 126 mph bone stock.

emira is 0-60 in 4.5 and quarter mile in probably closer to low 12s at best with 400hp and a curb weight of 3200 lbs. Thats hardly "same performance" more on par with a gen 1 V8 I'd say.
I'm not sure where your getting those figures from but they are significantly better than Car & Driver managed:
Product Font Mesh Rectangle Electronic device

21 - 40 of 53 Posts