Audi R8 Forums banner
41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Did you even bother reading the release from like.... Lotus themself? 0-60 in 4.5.

Did you even bother reading the release from like.... Lotus themself? 0-60 in 4.5.

Yes I did. Have you researched it any further? Lotus similar to Porsche understates hp and performance. It has been confirmed it is the same v6 motor as Evora and the 0-60 will be minimum 4.0. Either way I do not drag race and it will be faster on the track. If I wanted a drag car I would by a Dodge demon, just not my thing.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,139 Posts
Yes I did. Have you researched it any further? Lotus similar to Porsche understates hp and performance. It has been confirmed it is the same v6 motor as Evora and the 0-60 will be minimum 4.0. Either way I do not drag race and it will be faster on the track. If I wanted a drag car I would by a Dodge demon, just not my thing.
Lotus does underestimate the HP and performance times for sure

·
Registered
2017 R8 V10 Plus | Suzuka Gray on Red | ESS Supercharger | Fabspeed Exhaust | XPel Stealth PPF
71 Posts

Lotus is quoting a generic and conservative "less than 4.5 seconds" for the 0-60. That time is for the slowest variant (360hp, automatic 4-cyl possibly?). The v6 manual is the quickest and will be 3.8 seconds. However, we can't get lost in the 0-60 metric. I think it is one of the most flawed and useless metrics in automotive performance. In the 1/4 mile, the Lotus gets gets smoked! The speed through the 1/4 is over 10mph faster for the gen 1 V10 R8. I wish everyone would report and track 60-130mph time. I think that is the best measurement of a cars speed and acceleration, the motors flexibility, the gearing, the shifting, etc.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Performance and Dimensions are almost identical to Gen1 v10 numbers. I have never owned a lotus. It is funny the lotus people say the R8 is boring and lacks connection. You have owned a Evora how do you think they compare?
How can someone say dog is heavier elephant

·
Registered
8 Posts
I really like the Emira.

I wish I could get the supercharged V6 with a DCT. Not sure how I feel about the turbo 4 cyl.

·
Registered
2017 R8 V10 Plus | Suzuka Gray on Red | ESS Supercharger | Fabspeed Exhaust | XPel Stealth PPF
71 Posts
arright, deposit down. #36 at the long island dealer
Congrats! Did they tell you if you’ll be a 2022 or 2023 build?

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
arright, deposit down. #36 at the long island dealer
Nice one man. They promise to be what Lotus cars have been aiming for.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts