Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered it like that because I thought it was the closest thing to the CF look.

Any idea how similar CF and Lava Grey are in color? If it's not similar I'll order the CF from oempl.us.

·
Registered
439 Posts
I haven't seen the CF blades, but I can tell you the Lava Grey is very close to the Phantom Black. Actually, the reflective characteristics of the metallic particles in the Lava Grey impart more of the visual difference than the actual color itself. This was what I chose because I wanted to minimize the contrast between the body and the blades without going entirely to a monochromatic scheme.

However, in some light the difference almost disappears. And if the car is dirty, the difference disappears altogether, apparently because the very subtle differences are obscured by the dirt.

·
Registered
439 Posts
No, I think they're Lava Grey. (They look exactly like the blades on my car.) The listing actually says Quartz Grey, but they are definitely not that.

·
Registered
943 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hmm. I guess they are alright. I'll probably swap to carbon when I get the engine and interior done in it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts