Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
R8 LMX - 78/99 - Daytona Matte
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Sound seem to come near gearbox/behind the seats, on the wall between interior and engine bay. Can be heard best at 8 - 10 second of the video, that kind of noise, can be heard on other occasions also but that is the sound im talking about. Basically when im pressing gas pedal this sound is appearing, its not exactly constant whole time but its buzzing like few seconds, then stops, then buzz again and is acting like that. It doesnt start right away when i drive, it start later on in the driving, and i havent heard it before. Its sound that appeared 1 - 2 months ago.

Its buzzing sound, like electricity buzzing, like coil whine sound (if you ever heard it from owning a desktop computer and having power supply making such noises), or kinda similiar like when you put phone near speakers.

I thought its radio or my bluetooth or smth but i would hear it before, and i turned my radio off. Also when my car is idle, standing still there is no sound, also i think sound isnt there if i am not pressing gas pedal.

Anyone have any clue what it could be? Its not getting worse, its kinda same all the time. Also sound doesnt start early in the drive, starts kinda after 10-20 mins i feel and stays there whole time during drive but comes and goes. Car is not acting weird, everything is in check and work fine. Just this sound appeared so im curious what it could be.

Cheers!

·
Registered
2008 R8 R-Tronic
319 Posts
May want to check the pulleys driven by the drive belt to see if they’re the source of the noise.

Alternator could be the cause of the electric whine as well when you step on the gas.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
May want to check the pulleys driven by the drive belt to see if they’re the source of the noise.

Alternator could be the cause of the electric whine as well when you step on the gas.
Ok sir, will investigate. Thank you for answer!

·
Registered
2022 R8 Quattro Performance Coupe, Capristo CES / 2021 SQ8, resonator delete, JB4 tune
25 Posts
I have a 2022 AWD performance coupe AND THE EXACT SAME SOUND! it’s not always there but it’s annoying and you’ve described it way better than I could. I sent this video to the dealer and the guys who installed the Capristo.
Early thoughts were pulley breaking in but the dealer says the cars are heavily tested and run through paces at the factory before delivery. Didn’t think it could be a pulley. Also thought it might be something related to the vacuum lines for the valves on the Capristo but if you aren’t running a valve control system then it sounds more like an OEM issue. Pls let me know if you figure this out.

will need to attach video later. Can’t seem to access it from here.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a 2022 AWD performance coupe AND THE EXACT SAME SOUND! it’s not always there but it’s annoying and you’ve described it way better than I could. I sent this video to the dealer and the guys who installed the Capristo.
Early thoughts were pulley breaking in but the dealer says the cars are heavily tested and run through paces at the factory before delivery. Didn’t think it could be a pulley. Also thought it might be something related to the vacuum lines for the valves on the Capristo but if you aren’t running a valve control system then it sounds more like an OEM issue. Pls let me know if you figure this out.

will need to attach video later. Can’t seem to access it from here.
Yeah im gonna visit a dealer probably next week. Im just worried if that need to be changed how much its gonna cost and is it something i can ignore for a while or should i change it sooner the better. Im worried if it need to be changed that labor could be quite expensive? Coz taking engine out or smth.

Car have only 29400 kilometers. And i tested it further. It appears when i am speeding up or not, doesnt matter if i press gas pedal or not. Noise appears randomly, and most of time when it appears it doesnt go off completely until i turn off the car or car is idle.

Dunno though how things work mechanicaly, although dunno why sound isnt there early on in the drive and also why sound isnt there if i am standing on traffic lights.

About exhaust, i use everything stock, no changes on the car, everything OEM so far.

·
Registered
2022 R8 Quattro Performance Coupe, Capristo CES / 2021 SQ8, resonator delete, JB4 tune
25 Posts
Yeah im gonna visit a dealer probably next week. Im just worried if that need to be changed how much its gonna cost and is it something i can ignore for a while or should i change it sooner the better. Im worried if it need to be changed that labor could be quite expensive? Coz taking engine out or smth.

Car have only 29400 kilometers. And i tested it further. It appears when i am speeding up or not, doesnt matter if i press gas pedal or not. Noise appears randomly, and most of time when it appears it doesnt go off completely until i turn off the car or car is idle.

Dunno though how things work mechanicaly, although dunno why sound isnt there early on in the drive and also why sound isnt there if i am standing on traffic lights.

About exhaust, i use everything stock, no changes on the car, everything OEM so far.
Same scenario here. Sound is here whether I am in park or driving and doesn’t really vary with throttle. Fortunately, I only of 100 km on the car so will be under warranty for sure.

Video now attached.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I heard it, sounds maybe slightly different but very similar. You seem to have strong buzz whole time, for me sometime its more, sometime less. Yday buzzing was more intense, today i barely heard it. Weird ****. I hope we solve our probs lol.

I will most likely next week go to my dealer to get an opinion then will see when ill do the service and repair, depends on their feedback also. I just hope its not something complicated and expensive.

I keep my thumbs up you also solve ur issue and it gets fixed. Might be same thing, regardless of this slight differences.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts