Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Recently, I was at the mb dealer looking at the new SL63 for the wife. I saw a used Black Series on the lot and was not spoken for. I was going to take it out for a drive, but had to get back to work due to an emergency, so the opportunity may come in the next few days. Question is, anyone here own one? What do you think? Say compared to the R8?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I own a CLK63 Black Series and a 2009 R8. Both cars are amazing, but very different. The Black Series is explosive, powerful, agile, and super fun to drive. It has a great ride and easy to slide in and out of corners. The feel is amazing. The R8 on the other hand does not have the feel of the power of the Black Series, but does seem to get up to speed quickly without the noise and explosion of raw power (the torque is just so different). As far as handling, the R8 takes a corner like a Ferrari...the R8 holds the line, while the Black slides in and out (easy to control though). I could go on and on. But, would say that the Black is an amazing car.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thansk! Just made the purchase.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Congrats on the new ride!
Pics???

P.S. My feel on the black series is the same - neck snapping power above all else.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do not believe the SL65 BS is available just yet. I bought the CLK63. Pics to come this weekend. Excellent deal when looking back this car was selling for $150K (with markup) just 12-14 mos. ago. It is a pretty "raw" car considering it is a MB. No seat warmers, no back seats, no bluetooth, no parking sensors, no rear cam, and the ride is a bit harsher than the R8. Very easy to drive with much power on tap. A different car for a different day. Love it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts