Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have been told by Audi that all of the initial deliveries are beiing staged one day this week, for PR purposes.

Let's see if that is the case.

Second batch should be around Dec. 1.

·
Registered
39 Posts
My car is at the dealership being prepped as I type! Yeehaaaaaa!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
GR8 ghost - I am so happy for you. I thought I was the only one alive that typically buys parts we cant get here in the states from Germany and has them installed upon delivery :) I did the same with my BMW and Porsche's (usually only things like optional wheels, reflectors, emergency kit, etc)

I am still told Dec/Jan or so for mine, but I may also pick this baby up in germany (euro delivery) and put a few miles on it before bringing it back stateside. only thing is Jan isn't exactly the month to do that there.

Love the pics - keep em coming. It's all that keeps us going :)

BTW, i didnt see a headliner shot. is an alcantara headliner std, or does it require the extended leather pkg? I was going back and forth on the leather color between black and grey (for contrast) but I do think black is always best a year later when the dirt starts showing

·
Registered
39 Posts
GR8 ghost - I am so happy for you. I thought I was the only one alive that typically buys parts we cant get here in the states from Germany and has them installed upon delivery :) I did the same with my BMW and Porsche's (usually only things like optional wheels, reflectors, emergency kit, etc)

I am still told Dec/Jan or so for mine, but I may also pick this baby up in germany (euro delivery) and put a few miles on it before bringing it back stateside. only thing is Jan isn't exactly the month to do that there.

Love the pics - keep em coming. It's all that keeps us going :)

BTW, i didnt see a headliner shot. is an alcantara headliner std, or does it require the extended leather pkg? I was going back and forth on the leather color between black and grey (for contrast) but I do think black is always best a year later when the dirt starts showing
I didn't get the Alacantra. My headliner is a textured affair, but not as nice as the Alacantra. In hindsight, I should have gotten it. Since the car has no sunroof to break up the expanse of interior roof, I went with black for that very reason. You are gonna die when you get yours. It is nuts driving it in public. If you have to stop anywhere for anything, plan an extra 45 minutes. Everytime I go somewhere, I walk out to a crowd standing around it. I am actually thinking of having a little info flyer printed up so that I can just hand it out. :D Oh those downshifts! Cruising down the main street in second gear listening to the burble of the exhaust and the whining of the cams is like heaven. No one ignores this car. It is the best freakin car I have ever owned.

·
Registered
15 Posts
My understanding is that all the first round got here two days ago, on Saturday.

I have seen to personally, Black and dark Gray

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yes....the first round came in on Sept 8....(R8)...and I got mine!:D
It’s a head turner.... Didn’t really notice it at first seeing as I was enjoying the ride and learning pretty much what this exquisite machine was about.
If your the shy type...get a MB or BMW.

By the way.....not knowing where you're located...three R’s were delivered to each north Texas (DFW area) dealer, two were picked up (one mine) and the third is still sitting at a dealer...maybe waiting for the highest bidder?

·
Registered
274 Posts
congrats whitman...
wana see some pics!!!

(btw, texas-ex here)

Yes....the first round came in on Sept 8....(R8)...and I got mine!:D
It’s a head turner.... Didn’t really notice it at first seeing as I was enjoying the ride and learning pretty much what this exquisite machine was about.
If your the shy type...get a MB or BMW.

By the way.....not knowing where you're located...three R’s were delivered to each north Texas (DFW area) dealer, two were picked up (one mine) and the third is still sitting at a dealer...maybe waiting for the highest bidder?

·
Registered
482 Posts
what is the allocation for the '08s in the US? any official news on how many worldwide?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts