Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to convince APR to create a E85 tune for the Gen1 R8 V10. Hopefully we can get enough interest so we can make this happen. Let me know 馃檶

Registered
Would the only thing needed be a tune or would any other supporting mods be needed?

Registered
It would certainly chew through your whole fuel system a lot faster, much more corrosive than regular petrol.

Registered
me, 100%. been asking for this since I bought the **** car. already have APR stage 1 tune as well.

Registered
Modern fueling systems won't get chewed through. Injectors will work harder but your fueling lines won't skip a beat.
On a Gen2 yes, And even modern systems still have more wear and tear running E85/40

Vendor
Devils advocate.

What are you all going to use to monitor the ethanol content so the ECU could get feedback to adjust the timing.
If you are thinking to run a file with timing set for 80 to 85 ethanol content and rely on your pocket tester to measure the ethanol content...... all I can say is good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

All cars that run a reliable E85 file have a flex fuel sensor that sends feedback to the ECU.

Registered
Great point

Registered
Devils advocate.

What are you all going to use to monitor the ethanol content so the ECU could get feedback to adjust the timing.
If you are thinking to run a file with timing set for 80 to 85 ethanol content and rely on your pocket tester to measure the ethanol content...... all I can say is good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

All cars that run a reliable E85 file have a flex fuel sensor that sends feedback to the ECU.
I run e25-30 on a VF tune. Wouldn't go any higher. Not really worried about timing. The ECU is more than capable. At full e85 I'd just buy Sunoco drums. No need for all kinds of testing if you're getting it from them.

Vendor
Running a lower ethanol content is surely safer but I guess the essence of this thread is to run full e85 and get the maximum benefits of higher timing advance.
Sunoco drums are pretty reliable when it comes to ethanol content but most of the people who want to run E85 will not be stocking up on fuel and will prefer to go to the pump and get it.

Registered
Running a lower ethanol content is surely safer but I guess the essence of this thread is to run full e85 and get the maximum benefits of higher timing advance.
Sunoco drums are pretty reliable when it comes to ethanol content but most of the people who want to run E85 will not be stocking up on fuel and will prefer to go to the pump and get it.
I agree. It's kind of a fool's errand running around with a flex fuel sensor especially in the winter when the E85 content is marginally lower than summer months, correct? Wouldn't running drums make the most sense if you're putting a full e85 application on a car as expensive as the R8? I'd shell out the extra money for peace of mind at this point. The amount of effort and anxiety to run from pump to pump isn't worth it at this price point.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts