Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
wish these cars really came with lambo doors. Would make getting in and out of a tight garage way easier. I have a two car garage with barely any space around the sides. I had to put a pad on the wall just so I could open the door far enough to get in and out.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Goodluck with it! Ashgood are a top dealer so you know you’ve got a solid car.
Seriously good team at Ashgood!

The I bought a car from them last year - I think one of the best examples around. I had some teething issues a few days later and they sorted everything out. They even kindly gave me a years of road tax as part of the deal.

Went on holiday for 4 weeks straight after buying her and came home to find my beloved car gone! I freaked out and drove around my area thinking I must have just forgot where I parked it! While I was on the phone to the the police my girlfriend knocked on the neighbours door to find out if they knew when it vanished.... turned out one saw it being clamped and then towed away! It transpired Ashgood forgot to tax or post the details to the DVLA!

On the plus side - there was a really bad snow storm while I was away and rather than being parked on the road where cars would have slid on ice and smashed into it (not to mention a few car break-ins) it spent 3 weeks in a lovely safe pound with 24/7 security.

Ashgood were amazing and sorted it all out. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

You have a quality R8 there mate - Mike and his team don't mess around with any old rubbish there!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Seriously good team at Ashgood!

The I bought a car from them last year - I think one of the best examples around. I had some teething issues a few days later and they sorted everything out. They even kindly gave me a years of road tax as part of the deal.

Went on holiday for 4 weeks straight after buying her and came home to find my beloved car gone! I freaked out and drove around my area thinking I must have just forgot where I parked it! While I was on the phone to the the police my girlfriend knocked on the neighbours door to find out if they knew when it vanished.... turned out one saw it being clamped and then towed away! It transpired Ashgood forgot to tax or post the details to the DVLA!

On the plus side - there was a really bad snow storm while I was away and rather than being parked on the road where cars would have slid on ice and smashed into it (not to mention a few car break-ins) it spent 3 weeks in a lovely safe pound with 24/7 security.

Ashgood were amazing and sorted it all out. Wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.

You have a quality R8 there mate - Mike and his team don't mess around with any old rubbish there!
Haha wow that sounds like a bunch of stress. If I was you, I don’t know if i’d still hold them in such high regard!!

The thought of my car being lifted up by a guy with a truck who wouldn’t care less if it got damaged scares the daylights out of me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
[/QUOTE]

Haha wow that sounds like a bunch of stress. If I was you, I don’t know if i’d still hold them in such high regard!!

The thought of my car being lifted up by a guy with a truck who wouldn’t care less if it got damaged scares the daylights out of me!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Haha I think at first I was just relieved it hadn’t been stolen!

It was really a blessing in disguise! My old house had no driveway I was forced to park on busy London road. If I could park directly in front i could see my car from my IP camera. The day I left the road was packed so I had to park out of sight. Whole holiday I was bitting my nails as I watched my road from camera - thick snow and cars wheel spinning and sliding! Knew someone would loose control and bash mine! Because it was ‘prestige’ (at least to the pound guys who are more used to taking away abandoned Astras) they looked after it so well! they must have even washed it as London snow and white paint means sooty marks when it thaws! Car was spotless after 4 weeks! 🙂 Ashgood obviously paid the £450 release fee, so free secure holiday car storage? can’t beat that!

I guess I’ve always been an ‘oil tank half full’ kinda guy! 🙂

·
Registered
104 Posts
congrats on your acquisition...the lambo door looks good on your r8 but I don't think it's my cup of tea.

·
Registered
56 Posts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Haha I think at first I was just relieved it hadn’t been stolen!

It was really a blessing in disguise! My old house had no driveway I was forced to park on busy London road. If I could park directly in front i could see my car from my IP camera. The day I left the road was packed so I had to park out of sight. Whole holiday I was bitting my nails as I watched my road from camera - thick snow and cars wheel spinning and sliding! Knew someone would loose control and bash mine! Because it was ‘prestige’ (at least to the pound guys who are more used to taking away abandoned Astras) they looked after it so well! they must have even washed it as London snow and white paint means sooty marks when it thaws! Car was spotless after 4 weeks! 🙂 Ashgood obviously paid the £450 release fee, so free secure holiday car storage? can’t beat that!

I guess I’ve always been an ‘oil tank half full’ kinda guy! 🙂[/QUOTE]

Very positive mentality. See the good!

Let’s not forget London drivers hahah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Great replies guys I have to say up to now Ashgood have been spot on. Can’t wait to collect and do my bits to it.
I think all sports cars should have these doors 👍👍

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
A6385D88-9A0C-49E4-AD36-C9C15695267B.jpg

Well arrived at Ashgood today to see my car covered in a very nice silky sheet. Not even Audi do this unless you buy brand new.
The car looked fantastic. Drove off to top up fuel for the journey home and noticed the aircon light had gone out.
No aircon bugger.
Drove the mile back to Ashgood and within the hour the system was re gassed and pressure tested with lots of apologies.
It was bloody freezing now.
Great bunch of guys and would happily buy from them again 👍👍👍

1 - 16 of 16 Posts