Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am on a list (in the states) for a new 997 Porsche GT3 and seriously thinking about make a change to the R8. Anyone on a list with there dealer?

Not too many members, you should see the GT3 sites!

Attachments

·
Registered
45 Posts
I have been on the list for the past 17 months. I've owned few Porsches (not a GT3) but after almost nine years of owning different Porsche I'm ready for something new.

Porsche is just getting old with their offerings. Same engine different head lights charging the customer 10k more:cool: . Porsche business practices is getting out of hand, IMO.

·
Registered
130 Posts
The beauty of the Audi R8 will be the exclusivity. I dont think you will nearly the number of them running around on the streets as you would any type of Porsche (with the exception of the Carrera GT)

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jeez, 7th on the list. Its amazing the number of people who know about this car already. I figured we wouldnt see much action until a few months from now at the earliest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Holy Crap! After being told that I would be #1 on the list my Audi dealership by my sales person, he double checked with his manager and it turns out that they are not going to have a list! Interesting and stupid at the same time! The dealership is owned by Penske, as is the Porsche dealership.. The Porsche dealership will hold a spot on models that are not even officially annouced. Needless to say, FRUSTRATION! Tomorrow I start calling to see if there is any one that would like to use my deposit as float money and have a buyer on the hook! I have only owned 44 cars in the last 25 years, I would say I am a pretty good client to have!

URGHHHHH

·
Registered
130 Posts
The only reason I can see a dealership not having a list is if they plan to sucker someone into paying big dollars over sticker for a car. Usually people educated enough to want to be on a list dont want to pay much over sticker.... people who impulse buy cars off the floor, just dont care :)

Just my theory.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys maybe gals??

I live here in Arizona, (they do alot of car testing etc. out here). I just saw the Audi R8 on Tuesday (going down the I-10 near downtown Phoenix) and I must say I was very impressed. It appeared to have a Porsche-like rear spoiler (maybe it actives at higher speed)?? I am sure you guys know a hell of a lot more about Audi's and Porsche's than I do. The R8 looked as if it had some carbon fiber around the top part of the car as well?? They had the car covered up pretty well but it was obvious that it was an R8. From what I can remember it did not have the Lambo style wheels. I think you guys will be very happy with this car, it is very nice looking!! I own an A4 and a Volvo S60 and I must say Audi rocks!!! Good luck!!!!

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am the first on the list at Champion Audi in Pompano Beach florida. If the car comes out a V-8, I will get out of the list.If anyone is interested and can getaway filling in my spot..let me know.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just called my dealer in Boulder, CO and asked about a list. I am now #1 for that dealership, for whatever that's worth.

Any solid tips on pricing yet. I'm planning on trading off an SLK 55 and my A3 for the R8--is that enough?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok, I am now on a couple of lists, #2 and #3...It wasn't too hard.

The R8 was in Vegas last week, so it must be traveling around the west. The Carrera GT was testing in Flagstaff for Almost 8 days about 9 months before it was public..hopefully we will see the R* soon.

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
We went on the list Friday.
Put up $5,000 and wait a year.
Got to love it! Waiting on a V10
No ideas on equipment, color, ect.

·
Registered
840 Posts
The beauty of the Audi R8 will be the exclusivity. I dont think you will nearly the number of them running around on the streets as you would any type of Porsche (with the exception of the Carrera GT)
Indeed, I love the exclusivity of my NSX and RS4. I fully anticipate the R8 to be more exclusive than the RS4 and maybe even more exclusive than the NSX ... there are felt to be approximately 500 NSX's on the roads here in the UK ... which makes them pretty exclusive. It can be months between me seeing another NSX on the road over here.

Since owning the RS4 in March I've only seen two saloon versions on the road here in the UK and one Avant (estate) version earlier this month.

It wouldn't surprise me if I go for months on end over here without seeing another R8 when I finally get hold of it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am from the UK, never had a porsche, but heard about this back in 2000, put my name down in 2002, and end of 2004 paid my deposit, think am first in the UK. Cant wait, just hoping it's the V10 first that is launched not the V8, Although was told Audi were twin turbo charging the V10 and now I see its only 450 BHP and the V8 being 420BHP, would have thought the V10 would be at least 100BHP more?

1 - 20 of 34 Posts