Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
337 Posts
Yeah I had a white r8 and had film put over them, looked good. I have a Daytona grey one now and filmed them also. Long story short I had part of the bumper cover left from my white r8 that was left when the flatbed took the car after the accident, I tried nicely to remove the front side marker just to save it, and honestly I have no idea how to remove it without breaking parts around it…lol. It is stuck in there with a tape..so you could heat it to release the tape, but there was a lot of plastic pieces behind it that would have to be removed🤷🏻‍♂️. After dealing with that I would tint all day long before trying to remove ..lol

· Registered
59 Posts
I went with a pre-cut tinted option for my Gen 2
Spyder from a company in Georgia which can be found at www.lamin-x.com. I went with Charcoal on the front side markers to black out the orange and Gunsmoke on the red rear markers just to darken a bit.

It's an easy stick-on application (with just a small tab to trim on each side) and each pair only costed around $15. Just have to be very careful with the install as these are a very precise fit. I'm very happy with the quality and the look.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts