Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Vendor
3,499 Posts
Does anyone have experience with these and happy with them? Thinking about getting these as a cheaper alternative to complete new coilovers as these are about 1400 shipped and I can still keep my magnetic ride.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/291039003694?ssPageName=STRK:MEBOFFX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1427.l2649
We have had quite a few enquiries about these recently. This system was designed in collaboration with MTM.

Turn your existing shocks into coilovers. You can graduate the ride height to be lower by up to 15mm.
The R8 GT sits 10mm lower than the standard R8 (GT coilovers have height adjustable range of 25mm)

These are great for customers that want to lower their cars just a little, and find the popular spring lowering kits a little too extreme.
For example, the H&R springs lower the front by 15-20mm and rear by 25-30mm.

The KW kit is suitable for R8 models with standard or magnetic ride suspension.

We have now been set up to offer this KW kit for US customers only. We can offer 10% off the retail price of the MSRP of $1,549.
The discounted price will be $1,394.10. We have kits in stock.

Free shipping is included.

-------------------------------------------------------

Insallation instructions in English and German
http://docs.kwsuspension.de/ea-KWHFS-h25310188.pdf

· Vendor
3,499 Posts
Does it not? Have you tried?...I only ask because I see a lot of kits not claiming large drop but coilovers always have a lot of adjustment.
Hi there. We are not quite sure as to what you are asking about. Could you please clarify.

Best wishes.

· Vendor
3,499 Posts
No, we have not put these on a car. We do not do installations.

We would definitely trust in info provided by KW and MTM...both extremely reputable companies.
MTM is just about the best tuning company out there.

Have a look through the install instructions. They explain how the kit is fitted and will give you more confidence that the adjustments they are stating are true:
http://docs.kwsuspension.de/ea-KWHFS-h25310188.pdf

· Registered
1,144 Posts
I don't see the point when the GMG springs give a perfect 20mm drop all the way around. I have been very pleased with mine. Just my 0.02. If you are someone that tracks your car on a normal basis you are better off just getting dedicated coilover setup.

· Vendor
3,499 Posts
No idea. We have not sold any kits yet.
For a more aggressive drop, it is better for you to go with straightforward lowering springs.

GMG have good reviews from customers here.

· Registered
153 Posts
I have tried the Kw height adjustable sleeves on my Magnetic ride suspension , It works fine But need to be very carefull in fixing them onto Magnetic ride suspension kit fitted R8s, As i had to replace one unit in the process of fixing sleeves , But for the Non Magnetic ride suspension its simple and effective , Better is to get new shocks From Kw with sleeves fitted onto by themselves to save time . Cutting shortThe balance plumbing work.

· Registered
74 Posts
So strange...when reading the installation instructions (http://www.kw-store.com/extras/docs/BBXQ/25310188-eah25310188.pdf), it seems as though the range is only 15mm. That said, I suppose it may be a lot lower than stock at its highest adjustment. ...or I just be reading the info wrong! Would love to see a pic of yours from the side!

I'm using it on my R8 and have been for about 6 months. Car can be lowered so it's slammed whereas I have it about 1cm gap.

Michael
Acute Performance

· Registered
11 Posts
Acute Performance
Hi, I know this is an old thread, but what was the ride and handling like with the KW HAS spring kit? I'm just trying to get some feedback from someone who has actually used the kit on a car, I'm considering fitting them on my Gen 1 V10 and going for an absolutely minimal drop. I'm more interested in retaining the factory ride and handling than anything.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts