Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are the Audi R8 front Brake Discs the same than the RS4?
I know that the calipers are different, but anybody know about the front discs?

Thanks

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
The R8 rotors are pretty hefty in size.That would be a nice feature on the RS4.If so The RS4 makes some Corvette rotors pretty "WEAK SAUCE" :)

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
I will have a full floating rotor setup available in about a week..... $1300 FOR THE ENTIRE FRONT END, COMPLETE. 380mm

Slotted. Internal vanes pointing in the CORRECT direction (unlike the right side of an R* which point forwards, horrible for track use / temperatures (left side same as right, not good)

·
Registered
5,121 Posts
The fully floating feature sound even more important,no? :)

·
Registered
935 Posts
I will have a full floating rotor setup available in about a week..... $1300 FOR THE ENTIRE FRONT END, COMPLETE. 380mm

Slotted. Internal vanes pointing in the CORRECT direction (unlike the right side of an R* which point forwards, horrible for track use / temperatures (left side same as right, not good)
Sounds good Craig. Important for heavy track use.

·
Premium Member
146 Posts
Oh man it is SO important. The PO of my 514 HP 2650 lb Turbo install the front rotors on the wrong sides - both sides were backwards - fluid boiled - man what a problem it was. Easily fixed with a switch.

I cannot believe Audi cheaped out by using the left rotors on the right side, quite unbelievable.

The rotors being developed and available through my business in about 10 days will rid that problem - at a reasonable price too.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts