Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R8 V10 Performance Coupe Ascari Blue
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been searching for Gen-2 R8 plus for months. It's hard to find the one that satisfies every requirement. My color preferences are black, or some bright colors. I need black optic package (black wheels and grills make the car look more aggressive). And for interior, I prefer to have contrast diamond stitching. And of course, all other regular needs such as car still under warranty, single owner, low mileage etc.

I know that I can't get all of these easily but wondering where I can flex? Do you think it is easier to install black optic package later (along with repainting wheels)? How much would that cost? Do you recommend not to worry about color as it can be wrapped? If so, how much would that be?

Please share your comments.

·
Registered
2017 R8 Plus Coupe
238 Posts
Try and find one with the black optics package on it. The OEM black grill is $1,000 and the OEM black gloss emblems (be careful as there are lots of knock offs advertised as OEM) cost $400-450. There are two vendors on this board that supply the factory ones. You have to pull the front bumper cover to replace the grill. It’s a two person job to pull and replace the bumper cover. The emblems are just time consuming to get off, clean off the old adhesive. The trick is replacing them in the exact spots they came off and level.
Again try and find the wheels in black. Otherwise you can have them powder coated (paint is not advised). Of course this requires dismounting the tires and TPMS/valves then remount and balance.
Wrapping prices and quality of the work is all over the map. There are some wrapping horror stories. Best to try and buy a car in a color you like.

Reactions: bpans2
1 - 3 of 3 Posts