Audi R8 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally made the decision to go with a V10 R8 coupe in 6spd manual. There is a Samoa Orange in my state with low miles, 2 owner car, carbon blades, and carbon side mirrors. The color is growing on me, it looks great in the sun but it looks more brown/copper in certain angles/lighting. Do you love it or regret not going with a neutral color such as Ibis white or black?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I love it, but a word of warning, you'll get a lot of attention (the good and bad kind)... the R8 is already a head turner, but along with that color, forget about it. Also, not sure if you're planning on eventually selling it, it might affect your resale value as that color is not for everyone. If you have doubts, than maybe choose a different color. I drove across 2 states just to get mine specifically in Samoa Orange.

·
Super Moderator
3,986 Posts
LOVE IT!

I supposedly have the only Samoa Orange 2011 V8 in the States too. Right after I ordered it, Audi pulled it from the color availability. I don't know if this is true (my dealer is the one that told me this right after ordering it), but I like to think it is.

·
Registered
834 Posts
I love that color

·
Registered
801 Posts
Personally I love the color, but I like things that are a little out there and unusual. A dealer in Phoenix had a 2015 Samoa Orange V10 Plus and they were apparently very anxious to unload it because the sales manager lowered the price twice without me ever making a counter offer, so they were actuality bidding against themselves; I never experienced that before at a car dealership.

As hard as I tried, I just could not get the wife onboard with the color! I too was a little concerned about resale, so we took a pass on that car. At the time we were looking at the car, it had already been on the showroom floor for over 3 months and I continued to watch it on line, I figure the dealer had it for about 10 months before they finally sold it. I have to admit, if my wife would have agreed, I would have said the hell with resale, let’s do it!

Jim

·
Registered
243 Posts
I thought about buying that Samoa one in Washington as well. I talked to the dealer and it is a consignment sale. I think the asking price is quite fair for the low miles and you can probably get a good deal if the private seller agrees to your offer. I did not inspect it though and I don't think it has any warranty left. I think the orange looks great on the r8. After all the car is an exotic in my book and bright colors do it justice. I ended up buying a sepang blue coupe that I couldn't resist.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Sorry, I hate that color and really think that you will have a very limited market on resale. I doubt more than 5% of people who are actually looking for an R8 would consider that color. So your pool of buyers would be very small.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I think this colour really needs to be seen in the flesh.

I think a lot of people who dislike it in photos, could very well change their mind when seeing it in person.

·
Registered
631 Posts
if i happened to end up with a samoa orange r8, I would go all out and make it look as badass as possible. Since it grabs attention like an exotic deserves, make sure it looks like one.:)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm bent over the fence on this one, I feel like I'm losing sleep over this LOL. I will go see it on Wed. I think it is a color that needs to be seen in person.

·
Registered
801 Posts
I think this colour really needs to be seen in the flesh.

I think a lot of people who dislike it in photos, could very well change their mind when seeing it in person.
I thought the same thing, so I took my wife on a 250 mile road trip to show her Samoa Orange in the flesh. I didn't work....she still hated it!

Jim

·
Registered
127 Posts
Before I got one, I would've never even considered the color. But after having it, I still love it. The color contrasts really nicely with the carbon bits, and the black optic stuff.

·
Registered
325 Posts
LOVE IT!

I supposedly have the only Samoa Orange 2011 V8 in the States too. Right after I ordered it, Audi pulled it from the color availability. I don't know if this is true (my dealer is the one that told me this right after ordering it), but I like to think it is.
They must have put the color back in at some point because I almost bought a 2014 in that color, the Dealer had it in stock.

·
Premium Member
4,606 Posts
I say if you like it, buy it. Color is as subjective as you can get. Any color will be loved and hated at the same time depending upon who you ask. If you're literally just looking for "the most beloved" of colors, you'd need to go with something neutral like white, silver, gray, or black.

Exotics, as others have said, wear loud colors well - so I wouldn't worry about it from that perspective. It's loud but still befitting an R8. Even though few R8s are ordered in red, I loved the color - and hence bought a brand new red R8. Resale value? I don't care - I'm never selling it. So the color is 100% for me. I'd go in with a similar attitude. Even if you plan to sell one day, do you really want to drive a "compromise"? Buy what you want to drive - you're paying a fair amount for the experience. Will you potentially need to list the car a longer period down the road? Maybe - maybe not. It's hard to say. But that shouldn't be your primary concern - the car WILL sell and someone out there (like the guy above who drove 2 states over for it) will seek it out.

Also, if you personally get tired of the color, there's always a wrap.

Reactions: Stick_Shift_Nick

·
Registered
104 Posts
I've finally made the decision to go with a V10 R8 coupe in 6spd manual. There is a Samoa Orange in my state with low miles, 2 owner car, carbon blades, and carbon side mirrors. The color is growing on me, it looks great in the sun but it looks more brown/copper in certain angles/lighting. Do you love it or regret not going with a neutral color such as Ibis white or black?
Tell Park Place 105k ;)

·
Registered
186 Posts
If you like the color, get it, and you'll appreciate it even more if you're at an R8 meet and you're the only one there. True the color may not be very desirable atm, but cars of this nature always seem to end up doing a 180 at some point (not saying it will be any time soon tho) and become the very desirable color as no one can find it

·
Registered
82 Posts
I've driven that car. It's got an aftermarket exhaust (didn't check which one) and it is LOUD! I didn't care for the color. They also have a V8 there. I drove both back-to-back and how I made up my mind to go with a V10. Nice folks at Park Place. Lots of amazing cars in that showroom.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts