Audi R8 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Auto Week online this morning has an article about their "Top 10 Engines Currently Available." The Audi alloy 4.2 v8 is #1 in some (obviously!) pretty prestigious company!!! :)

Nice article for "bragging rights," and there's a link to their nice coverage of Audi's 100th birthday party. Also a timeline of Audi history which is interesting but totally ignores the '30's racing car history and the role of Porsche in originating the cars. Also omits the key influence of Piech (Porsche's grandson) in almost everything good Audi has done since 1972.

Check out the engine Top 10 and then follow links from there: http://www.autoweek.com/article/20090605/CARNEWS/906059984

·
Registered
246 Posts
I wish it was "King of 35 Additional Horsepower" for 2010, August production.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Pretty good list! I have to say that putting the Porsche 3.8 at #9 makes me question how they rated the engines?

·
Premium Member
28 Posts
The s2000 engine may be old school but god is it fun to drive. I mean I just drove the car for 2 days but was very very happy with the engine. I never expected something like it cuz it just went goin and goin. I agree with the v8 though and I think the 3.6 engine of the Porsche GT2 sould be there too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts