Audi R8 Forums banner
81 - 100 of 135 Posts

Registered
Hi

This is about the higher delivery rate of the V10 fuel pump in the V8. ( 107,- Euro Happyparts 馃ぃ )

Because of its age, I don't trust the V8 pump much anymore.

She served reliably for thirteen years.

Tom

Registered
Hey guys! Yeah, I'm sure you all don't get questions like this usually because this is an R8 forum, but I own a 2012 Audi A8l 4.2, and I have been scavenging for a long time through A8 forums and rs5 and rs6 forums without any luck, and I wanted to ask if other performance 4.2 v8 parts from an rs5 or any other car that has a 4.2 motor will fit the A8's motor and if any r8 parts could fit onto an a8 motor with some modifications as needed to be able to fit those parts. I'm only 18 and I'm not an expert by all means at all on Audi motors, but I'd like to be.

Registered
Hi

With modifications to the RS5 exhaust manifold, the manifold should also fit in the A8.
Take generation 3/4 of the manifold as shown in the picture, then it will work in the A8 too.

Tom

Registered
Hi

If you plan to install larger TBs on a V8 intake manifold, the area on the intake manifold for the TB should be milled vertically. Unfortunately, the surface is sloped 5 mm downwards. see image.

I didn't notice years ago and will do it this winter.

Tom

Registered
New to the party, but has anyone dropped an RS7 4.0TFSI into a 4.2R8? It should be about the same length. The advantage would be that it produces around 600BHP in "stock" form, and being a turbo motor, it has a lot of potential for further tuning.

Ian

Registered
Hi

I am doing the same right now, did you have any problems coding out the actuators and sensors?

Here is the latest. With everything that is going on here in NY, everything has either STOPPED or come to a crawl. The runners are almost ready to ship for thermal ceramic coating. The aluminum bar was cut to emulate the swirl valve actuation bar. I will be fastening these in place by drilling, tapping and screws. Then off to coating

Registered
How do you know which throttle body to buy? I have a 2014 R8 V8 (base coupe) and I went online to look for parts for this project and thought I found the part then when trying to confirm fitment, there were two 5.2 L R8 TB numbers

5.2L 5204CC V10 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated (the throttle body here said it fits this one)
5.2L 5204CC 318Cu. In. V10 GAS DOHC Naturally Aspirated (doesn't fit this one).

???

Can one of you brainier guys put together a parts list??

Registered
Hi

If you plan to install larger TBs on a V8 intake manifold, the area on the intake manifold for the TB should be milled vertically. Unfortunately, the surface is sloped 5 mm downwards. see image.

I didn't notice years ago and will do it this winter.

View attachment 256192

Tom
What if Audi engineered it at that angle for fluid dynamic reasons? Did you @speedrs4 say that causing tumbling in the intake speeds up the air flow? or something to that affect?

81 - 100 of 135 Posts